Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant, and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering, and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
ESS is looking for a motivated and versatile Financial Analyst to join our team. The responsibilities below define the current needs in a dynamic company with lots of room for future career growth.
Financial Analyst: Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. Performs economic research and studies in the areas of rates of return, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of governmental requirements.
· Positive attitude and strives to improve and learn new things every day.
· A sense of urgency, follow through, and reliability.
· Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
· Strong business, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Experience with presentation of analysis.
· Self-motivated and able to work within tight deadlines.
· Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in financial analysis
· Accepts routine change in the job and department.
· Possesses good written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Demonstrates persistence, good judgment, strong decision making, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills, and overcoming obstacles.
· Uses good time management
4.0 Primary Responsibilities & Core Duties
- Assist in the timely completion of the weekly, monthly and quarterly operational and financial analysis and other financial and accounting activities as required.
- Assist in development of cash flow forecasts and assist management in developing means to improve overall working capital.
- Assist in development of Oracle reporting tools to enable financial analysis of Company results.
- Gather inputs and assist in development Quarterly Financial and Operational reports to Senior management.
- Lead or serve as a key member of various projects to improve accounting and operational results.
- Conduct business in such a manner as to continuously improve relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Special projects and ad hoc tasks as needed.
5.0 Additional Requirements & Qualifications
· Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
· Oracle platform a plus
· Accounting/consolidation reporting experience preferred
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 What ESS Offers
· In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 8 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Pay Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
ESS has COVID policy and precautions in place.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Financial Analysis: 2 years (Required)