About the Role
CrowdStreet is in growth mode and looking for an experienced Manager of Software Engineering, with a passion for building modern, scalable web applications. You are the type of manager with the ability to roll up your sleeves and join the team in hands on product development, while fostering career growth. This role will report to the CTO and will be accountable for building, managing and coaching a growing team of software engineers and ensuring timely and successful delivery of a high quality, scalable, and secure software applications. Your innovative spirit, combined with your experience working in rapidly growing and maturing organizations will inspire your teams to deliver great things as they excel in their careers, and we scale as a business.
What You'll Be Doing
- Grow and lead a team of 8-12 software engineers
- Provide career development, goal setting, and coaching to direct reports
- Continuously improve our software development processes and train team members on new initiatives
- Set expectations for delivery of high quality and timely deliverable.
- Champion agile development methodologies and quick iterative development
- Collaborate with product managers and software engineers in planning sessions to interpret the product roadmap and product specifications in building new features
- Assess complexity in building features and provide accurate estimates and risk analysis
- Communicate delivery schedules and provide updates to senior management and key stakeholders
- Participate in code and design reviews to help ensure stability and quality
- Delight customers by delivering quality product solutions and features that drive measurable outcomes
- Support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives through inclusive team processes and practices.
- A minimum of 3 years in a software engineering leadership role with 5+ direct reports
- Demonstrated experience hiring and developing software engineers
- A great track record in building and delivering modern B2B and B2C applications in a Software SaaS company
- Technical (tactical) and business (strategic) acumen
- 7+years experience with SaaS product development preferably using Java / J2EE paradigms
- 2+ years experience with Frontend technology preferred (e.g. React, Angular, Bootstrap, Material)
- 2+ years experience with AWS and CI/CD pipelines preferred (e.g. Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, BitBucket)
- 2+ year experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Ability to context switch frequently in a fast paced environment
CrowdStreet Value Competencies:
- Challenging Convention - We question norms. We take risks. We reward innovation.
- Empowering People - Everyone has a voice. We seek new challenges and encourage all perspectives to gain more insights and create better outcomes.
- Meaningful Impact - We are motivated, purposeful and sensitive to our lasting influence on our customers, our communities and each other.
- Unwavering Quality - We don’t cut corners. Our relentless focus on quality means we strive to deliver the best results at all times.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.