CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
To take the next step in our Customer Experience journey, we have created a new role to lead our Customer Experience and Insights program. This is a high-level, individual contributor role reporting directly to our VP of Customer Experience.
About the Role - Customer Experience & Insights Manager
The heartbeat of our business is our dual-sided Marketplace where we bring together individual, accredited investors with carefully selected CRE investment offerings. We have a loyal following of customers (the investors) that is rapidly growing with the strength of our Marketplace and our rapidly growing customer base.
Our Marketplace experience comes to life through the focus, commitment, and collaboration of our Customer Relationship Managers (CRM) and Product Teams supported by a company passionate about what we do.
The Customer Experience & Insights Manager will be the hub that brings our customer voice into the company to help guide improvements in the experiences we deliver and influence our course for the future.
This leader will do more than compile verbatims - they will bring these voices to life for CrowdStreet - by leveraging technology and media tools that bring the customer to our desktops and by curating easy access to the user profiles and groups of engaged customers that have opted-in for research and ad hoc feedback. This leader will also create the forums that bring our customers together and provide them access to key members of the CrowdStreet leadership team for direct conversations and exchanges of ideas.
No Customer Experience and Insight role is a success without measurable impact and commitment - and this leader will define the metrics and goals, provide regular monthly insight and help to translate hundreds of voices into actionable insight and recommendations.
It takes a village, and this leader will work closely with employees across the company - mobilizing individuals in roles across teams to help ensure timely access to insights, access of data to drive insight and consistency in our voice and tone as we communicate with our active investor base and grow the engagement of diverse voices to the forefront.
All this sets the stage for an innovative, experienced, and inspired customer experience leader to bring their ideas, direction, and inspiration to define and lead our Voice of the Customer program. We are passionate about our customers and we’re looking for a leader who shares our drive and is inspired by the opportunity to bring meaningful and lasting impact on the CrowdStreet Customer Experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
This is a newly created role for CrowdStreet and you will be helping to chart the course including defining our Customer Experience insight Playbook, leading the implementation, and being the champion of bringing customer insight into everything that we do:
- Helping to set the Customer Insight vision, establishing the metrics and goals, and defining the strategies and tactics to deliver.
- Defining the roadmap and capabilities required to bring these voices to life.
- Working internally and with partners to create the media capabilities to bring customer feedback to life and easily accessible at any time.
- Creating communities that engage our active customers’ in groups of their peers, driving opportunities for customers to engage with one another, highlighting resources and learnings.
- Building out a database of our customers based on usage profile to support User Testing and other research efforts.
- Creating outreach and opportunities for our customers to engage with CrowdStreet leaders, interacting with our CEO, Chief Investment Officer, and VP of Customer Experience.
- Establish Customer Experience and Insight dashboard - measuring customer engagement, providing regular summaries of customer feedback and insight, and tracking CrowdStreet employee participation.
- Helping to increase the voice of a diverse investor population and inviting the voices of the many to CrowdStreet conversation.
What We Must Have
- 8-11 years in related disciplines such as Customer Experience, Insight, Voice of the Customer, or Experience Design Research in direct to consumer industries with a strong preference for direct to consumer technology marketplace, preferably in financial services.
- Experience interfacing directly with high profile customers and strategic partners.
- Experience using data to drive change.
- Tableau proficiency, experience accessing and leverage data warehouse and knowledge of HubSpot
- Experience engaging active consumers of a category-defining brand through multi-media platforms that bring those voices to life.
- Experience creating high impact, dynamic programs from the ground up with demonstrated success driving organizational engagement.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible. Are you ready to join our team?