Hubb is a virtual event software platform that’s revolutionizing the way that people interact and consume event experiences. Our cloud-based software streamlines the process for collecting, managing, and marketing event content and provides powerful attendee engagement tools that bring brands to life. Hubb powers many of the world’s largest conferences for some of the most recognizable brands. Our growing tech company is women-owned and based in Vancouver, WA with a global customer base. Come help us move the events industry forward by making virtual, in-person and hybrid meetings come to life as never before.
We are a team of professionals who are passionate about innovation and excellence. We perform our work much the same way we live the rest of our lives because we recognize that there is no such thing as work-life balance – there’s just this one life and we happen to be living some of it here at the office. We speak, dress and behave exactly like we do anywhere else which means we are our genuine selves at all times. We believe we are happier and more productive when we can be true to what drives us each individually. We are fun loving, intellectually curious and enjoy celebrating the journey. Ultimately, we build products & services for people who enjoy their jobs and we appreciate the ability to enjoy our own. Because if you could be happy in your work… why wouldn’t you?
The Perfect Fit:
You are intellectually curious with a pioneering spirit. A person that is passionate, personable, and can think outside the box. Organized and thorough in everything that you do. A team player with an upbeat attitude that has agile experience and thrives on the edge of chaos. A problem solver that can match solutions to user needs. You love to create aesthetically pleasing user experiences that are both professional and playful in nature. If you want to design and develop award winning software, this is your opportunity to explore that possibility!
Hubb is seeking a skilled architect that has a passion for creating the ultimate user experience. The right candidate will be able to communicate as well as they can code. Someone who enjoys the creative side of product development and embraces a fast-paced environment with constant change. This person possesses a good eye for design but can also see the forest through the trees when looking at the architecture for our software. The position requires great flexibility, creative problem solving and the ability to manage multiple priority projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with software team and customer to outline the architecture and technologies necessary for our product's foundation.
· Manage development responsibilities as assigned by the development team.
· Collaborate with design, testing, and development staff to define product requirements.
· Determine the overall product design and architecture for each feature set and product iteration.
· Use best practice in development efforts including unit testing, code structure, and deliver.
· Partner with QA team to minimize product defects.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of integrated product releases.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide input on new features in upcoming releases.
· Work with support staff to ensure successful product releases and ongoing maintenance.
· Can do attitude reinforced with a positive and flexible disposition.
· Highly motivated tech enthusiast who enjoys working in a casual, fast-paced environment and interacting with a variety of teammates.
· Appreciation for and understanding of all phases of human-centered design, user interface design and development, and contemporary user interface design conventions.
· Passion for designing and prototyping user interface for the web, PC and emerging mobile platforms for our software.
· Hands-on expertise with services: cloud hosting, APIs, system integration.
· Understanding of scrum and agile product development.
· Good analytical, writing, and communication skills.
· Ethical work standards.
· Comfortable and experienced with executive level audience.
· Flexible and willing to help with all-hands event activities.
· Scrum master or developer certification
· 1-2 years of experience in extreme programming practices
· Event industry experience
· Comprehensive understanding of self-managed teams
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or related field, OR a minimum of 5 years' experience working in software development in lieu of Bachelor's degree