The Senior Reporting Engineer is a member of an Agile-oriented team of software engineers, business analysts, software testers, technical writers and UX designers who leverage software to solve real-world problems in the event planning industry. The Senior Reporting Engineer actively develops new reports for stakeholders and maintains existing reports with a high degree of quality and attention to detail. They build and maintain ETL processes and build data structures and warehouses to accommodate data needs for the company. The Senior Reporting Engineer works with business and product analysts to determine reporting requirements and how to best to derive the intended outcome; with architecture to inform data frameworks, including accuracy of data, performance, and scaling; with dev team to determine inclusion of reporting technical requirements; with quality assurance to ensure reports are accurate and representative of stakeholder requirements.
- Work with business stakeholders and Product team to understand requirements and translate to technical requirements.
- Build and maintain reports on existing reporting infrastructure (PowerBI, Tableau), while helping evolve solution based on stakeholder needs.
- Help design, architect, and support high quality data frameworks.
- Collaborate and communicate with architects and engineers to optimize data flows, tools, operational costs, and reporting infrastructures.
- Use engineering best practices to ensure security and privacy compliance across all development projects.
- Help build data marts for different use cases across the business, using Microsoft and other big data technologies.
- Mentor and develop other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field or relevant experience
- 4+ years of MS SQL or T-SQL experience, including writing, troubleshooting, optimizing, etc.
- 4+ years of industry experience in Report Engineering, Data Engineering, BI Engineering, or related field with experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
- 4+ years of industry experience in Data Presentation & Visualization using PowerBI, Tableau, Reporting Services, or similar reporting software
- Experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud Services (Data Factory, Data Explorer, HDInsight, Cosmos DB, SQL) or equivalent
- Experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytics tools
- Experience optimizing code for hardened, efficient deployments
- Has strong oral and written communication and attention to detail