2Morrow is looking for an experienced IT/Cloud/SecOps lead to join our technology development team.
2Morrow, a growing digital health company, is looking for a unique individual with an entrepreneurial mindset and a variety of technical skills to help the company grow.
Here's what you will bring to the team:
- You’ll lead the back-office infrastructure team, responsible for its development, administration, implementation, maintenance, and refinement. Our back-office services are an AWS hosted LAMP stack.
- Manage protected information, keeping us on track to obtain certifications from SOC/HITECH and other similar entities.
- Scaling for greater redundancy and reliability, you will design, implement, and maintain this capability, this is hosted on AWS.
- As we scale for volume you will design, implement, and maintain this capability.
- In our SQL database, you will assist with its maintenance and help design/implement improvements including a possible migration to a cloud database solution like RDS.
- As the key member of the infrastructure team, you will have lots of new interesting, and exciting things come your way, as we continue to develop new product offerings,
- You will coordinate and work on the infrastructure improvements in stages but cannot approach it with a not-invented-here attitude.
- Very focused on all things security, you will be the first point of contact for inquiries and security-related risk mitigations for partners and large customers.
A successful candidate will possess:
- An open mind and be receptive to feedback
- The ability to self prioritize tasks
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing best practices and IT operations in a secure, 24x7 service
- The ability to jump into legacy installations with the wisdom to know when to push for change and when to leave well enough alone
- A desire to wear many hats and work independently as needed. A calm aura during stressful operational events is helpful because you will be one of the first notified when unexpected things happen to our infrastructure
- Understanding of when to ask for help
- Bachelor's degree.
- Additional experience may offset the degree requirement.
- 5+ years’ experience in an operational role administering the systems and data that provide high availability secure services to our client apps.
- 3+ years of cloud-based Operations in the AWS environment.
- 3+ years of core knowledge of Linux from an administrative perspective: core fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, service monitoring.
- 2+ years administering data loss and intrusion detection/prevention systems.
- Provide demand-based support, develop and maintain an incident handling playbook so the support burden can be shared with team members.
- Able to produce and maintain objective evidence of network and server architecture, configuration, change and monitoring to support SOC2 and related security certification activities.
- Understanding of concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Recommend, justify, and implement infrastructure changes as needed to efficiently satisfy operational requirements.
- Ability to solve and overcome challenging problems.
- A collaborator who can help grow and support a team.
Other preferred Experience:
- AWS Certification preferred
- Have worked extensively with the following AWS services: EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, SQS, SNS, and other services
- Git source code management
- Scripting languages like BASH
- Relational Databases, like MySQL
- Intrusion Detection
- Vulnerability and Penetration Testing
- Apache and SSL certificate administration
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- AWS and Linux: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19