The Account Executive (New Business) focuses on the prospecting and closing of new customers. Visibility, alignment, and efficiency are all requirements of the modern day marketing machine - and our Account Executives are charged with helping prospects understand how we deliver this, through Opal Enterprise or Teams Edition.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
You are laser focused on uncovering customer perspectives and finding value drivers, offering tailored solutions, and closing new business. You have a deep understanding of the complex challenges of the modern marketing organization.
You are highly motivated, create opportunities where there is seemingly none and are relentless in identifying a path to success.
Whether you’ve spent the last year succeeding as a BDR, or you’ve spent the last half dozen years perfecting your trade - if the above sounds like you, and you find the speed of light is too slow, let’s talk.
Opal is the marketing and communications calendar that unites teams to do exceptional work. Teams who work together in Opal create unparalleled levels of visibility, build team alignment and improve operational efficiency. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, T-Mobile and Zillow.
- Strategically prospect, develop and close new business opportunities for Opal to meet performance expectations (quota) in your assigned region.
- Develop and execute on territory sales plans that identify key stakeholder objectives, deliverables and timelines to expand influence and revenue across the customer’s business.
- Learn and master the Opal Value Framework including positioning, capabilities, and solutions to confidently demonstrate the value to customers.
- Bring insights to customers that reflect an understanding of the market, technology landscape, and other potential use cases.
- Strategically engage the customer with value-focused, well-researched insights that address the customer’s unique business situation.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the market and region and continuously adapt to changing dynamics.
- Collaborate across Opal’s GTM (Go To Market) organization including Customer Success, Education and Marketing to maximize Opal’s success in the region.
- Embrace and master the Opal sales operating rhythm including consistent and effective internal communication, collaboration, reporting, and forecasting.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- 2+ years of professional B2B marketing software sales experience, SaaS sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Expertise selling software subscriptions to complex enterprise marketing organizations.
- A history of successful territory development and quota achievement.
- Confidence in showing ROI and business value in negotiations and communications with business and procurement stakeholders.
- Creative, inquisitive, and curious approach partnering with enterprise customers.
- Commitment to proactive collaboration and accountability. You are prepared, informed, and ready to go.
- Value-focused growth mindset. You see every touchpoint as a chance to create a positive experience for the customer and your team.
- Mastery of digital productivity, collaboration, and sales tools including; Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Slack and G Suite.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience required.
Opal is pleased to offer a comprehensive total rewards package for employees and their families, providing a diverse range of benefits such as:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid individual premium for Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance (with dependent premiums 50% company-paid)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Group Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Flexible Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach and activity programs
- Modern office space with snacks, coffee, and friendly coworkers
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.