Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our Adoption Team. The Director of Learning Solutions (DLS) provides outstanding service and support to grow existing accounts by partnering on strategic initiatives driving increased utilization and engagement through courseware implementation and engaging with customers over long-term relationships. Your performance will be measured through renewals, account growth, and relationship-building activities. We are seeking individuals that can take ownership of a region with a balance of aggressiveness, humility, and collaboration.
We are doing something that has not been done before. We’re utilizing technology, learning design informed by data, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. Ever buy a college textbook? We think that hundreds of dollars is too much—and for many people the cost is an impassable barrier. We eliminate the need for expensive textbooks with a rich online learning experience that costs $25 or less.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify the Lumen values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is based in your home office and requires some amount of travel, maybe 10% (when safe).
The purpose of the Director of Learning Solutions position is to develop and grow Lumen’s relationship with Faculty that are actively using our courseware.
- Account Management – Work closely with a portfolio of current Lumen customers (Faculty and Department Leaders) to ensure that Lumen solutions are being effectively deployed and incorporated into the learning objectives of our customer institutions.
- Performance Metrics – renewals, account growth, churn rate, and sell through metrics.
- Day-to-Day Communications – Drive proactive customer communications and handle day-to-day requests in an efficient and thoughtful manner, to be tracked and stored in our CRM (Pipedrive).
- Grow Accounts – Identify and drive opportunities to expand the use of Lumen solutions throughout existing customer institutions.
- Building to Scale – As a growing company, we are building out new scalable resources and best practices to train and service faculty (and their students).
- Understand our Products – Develop a deeper understanding of Lumen’s courseware and professional development solutions to help create best practices for our faculty and students.
- Build References – Work with faculty to develop case studies and testimonials in order to more clearly demonstrate our value proposition and provide feedback to our product team.
- Relationship Driven – Has successfully developed and managed direct customer relationships. Preferably in a B2B environment – either in eLearning, corporate training, or SaaS.
- Learning and Solutions Advocate – Has a passion for student success, technology and learning.
- Communicator – Possesses exceptional communication / interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Detail Oriented – Will be able to quickly master the technical nuances of how the Lumen solutions work and become a partner for the customer, helping them understand how these solutions can enhance their teaching and improve student success.
- Project Management – Strong ability to project manage and assist customers with onboarding and use of Lumen solutions.
- Independent Worker – Demonstrates the ability to work independently and in a close team environment and be accountable for work and outcomes.
- Identifies Trends – Has a proven track record of aggregating individual customer feedback and requests to help us better serve the needs of our overall customer base.
- Effective communication with faculty members using Lumen.
- Lead effective implementation of Lumen courseware.
- Consistently achieve sales targets
- Sell Through on Base
- Expansion at Key and Growth Accounts
- Pursue strategies to achieve sell-through targets
- Effectively and consistently document all activities in Pipedrive