Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our Adoption Team.
The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for working with Lumen customers (primarily higher education faculty members) on support issues related to Lumen Learning’s educational technology software applications. This includes triaging, managing, and resolving customer support requests related to technical issues.
We are doing something that has not been done before. We’re utilizing technology, learning design informed by data, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. Ever buy a college textbook? We think that hundreds of dollars is too much—and for many people the cost is an impassable barrier. We eliminate the need for expensive textbooks with a rich online learning experience that costs $25 or less.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify the Lumen values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is based in your home office and requires some amount of travel, maybe 5% (when safe).
The ideal candidate should have 1+ years of experience successfully supporting customers in their use of digital technologies. The position requires high levels of collaboration with team members from across the company. The candidate must enjoy helping people solve problems, which includes effectively communicating technology solutions to team members and customers alike.
The position reports to the manager of the Customer Support Team.
Provide Tier-1 and Tier-2 Level triage and ongoing technical support for Lumen customers. Ensure support requests and technical issues are handled efficiently, meeting team and individual performance goals in the Lumen Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members to collaboratively resolve technical support issues
- Lead the process to evaluate and prioritize customer support requests submitted by customers
- Independently address issues that help build customer understanding of solutions and effective practices
- Actively contribute to the process of troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues
- Create and revise knowledge base/user guide articles, allowing customers and team members to work effectively with Lumen’s technology platforms
- Number of tickets resolved monthly
- Customer satisfaction score
- SLA achievement rate
- Internal and external customer feedback and comments
- Contributions to improve Lumen Customer Support (e.g. Identifying tool features/options, process improvements, helpful and creative ideas…)
- Excellent communication and empathy skills; people love you and want to work with you again
- The ability to develop user-centered solutions in a collaborative, iterative, and open learning environment
- At least one-year experience supporting software and/or web-based applications
- An openness to learning and using new technologies
- Hours: Mon – Thur 8-6 pm Eastern and a couple of hours on Sundays
- Experience with Zendesk or other helpdesk software
- Experience with one or more Learning Management Systems (Canvas, Blackboard, Brightspace, Moodle)