Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
To support our company’s rapid growth, CrowdStreet is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the role of Vice President of People, reporting to the CEO, who would like to leverage their expertise and passion for people and culture to help our organization continue to the next level. As VP of People, you are a member of the executive team and will be responsible for all major components of the company’s people and culture functions. Our people and company culture are part of the foundation of our success, and you will lead the charge in ensuring that we have the best recruiting strategy, performance, compensation and retention plans, training and development and company culture.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead our people strategy, from how we think about talent acquisition and retention to how we approach professional growth, leadership, and culture.
- Build out and manage a people operations team as the company grows (currently, Sr. HR Generalist, Manager of People Operations, Office Manager, and Talent Acquisition Partner).
- Grow our team with a talent acquisition strategy that is ambitious, effective, and well executed.
- Ensure that our benefits and national compensation structure is strategic, market-based, equitable, consistent and competitive.
- Regularly analyze and share people analytics insights with the potential to impact company or leadership behavior.
- Expand and lead all HR and people operations: systems, processes, and programs; e.g. on-boarding, coaching for effective 1:1’s, people feedback process, benefits, compensation, recruiting, training, and everything else in between.
- Be a company-wide advocate for our people operation priorities, partnering closely with the leadership team on strategy, resourcing, employee relations, compliance, growth programs, and diversity and inclusion.
- Increase speed of new hire performance and ramp by building and facilitating comprehensive on-boarding programs for new hires
- Develop and implement communication and people engagement strategies
- Uphold culture of transparent feedback by addressing people relations issues quickly, consistently and with respect and grace
What You Must Bring
- 10+ years of experience working in Human Resources or related function driving People strategies for companies with strong cultures delivering year-over-year improved employee and business results and minimum of 5+ years in a senior leadership role
- Demonstrated success in driving employee engagement and culture shaping programs
- Experience working in a dynamic, fluid and fast-paced environment with a workforce that is distributed across the country
- Previous experience working in a start-up environment required, technology company preferred
- Proven track record of creating solid relationships with internal business partners
- Experience in developing, executing and facilitating programs around people training and development
- Experience in supporting talent acquisition for a high growth organization
- Passion for and experiences helping managers with organizational planning, people career growth programs and mentoring
- Experience championing DE&I initiatives
- Proven experience working with HR software tools, including but not limited to HRIS Systems, Applicant Tracking Systems, Performance Management, Engagement Surveys, etc, (bonus for having implemented as well)
- Strong knowledge of multi state and federal labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices
- PHR, SPHR or similar certifications
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.