CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
User Experience Designer
To support our rapid growth, we are hiring a UX Designer. If you have a passion for designing intuitive modern mobile responsive web applications grounded in qualitative and quantitative customer experience keep reading!
What You'll Be Doing
- Working cross functionality with Product Managers and Engineers, own and execute on design aspects of our adaptive and responsive marketplace web application
- Produce wireframes, user flows, mockups, and other deliverables that will guide the work of the software engineering team. Conduct user research, interviews, and surveys as needed to validate and iterate your designs.
- Communicate early ideas through flows and low fi sketches to facilitate discussions and get early feedback
- Guide identified product initiatives from conception to conclusion, including ideation, user research, flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes, functional specifications, and high-fidelity renderings as an integral member of the Product Team
- Coordinate multiple design projects simultaneously to completion
- Partner with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, organizational leaders, and customers to brainstorm and draft new product concepts
What we are looking for
- 5+ years experience creating digital interface design solutions for the web, mobile and hand-held devices, ideally as a member of an SaaS product design team at a web application company
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking and problem solving for a web application
- Highly collaborative professional who can synthesize the collective objectives and opinions of others, use best practises to propose multiple solutions and guide effective decision making
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data to inform and validate design decisions
- Experience breaking down big problems into smaller experiments to validate assumptions faster
- Experience designing both highly graphical B2C solutions that are initially intuitive, and transactional B2B solutions that manage transactional workflows and administrative tasks
- Familiarity with JS and CSS frameworks such as React, Angular, Bootstrap and Google Material are a big plus
- Expertise in Sketch, InVision, Figma and other prototyping tools
- Experience multi-tasking and managing multiple projects with various timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in user interface development, graphic design or a related web design field
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Experience in Fintech or Real estate technology
- Experience designing e-commerce solutions or marketplaces
- Experience working with distributed / remote team members
- Experience working with and building design systems
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.