Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment. (We are currently a 100% remote engineering team due to Covid-19)
CrowdStreet is honored to be named to the 10 Best Tech Startups in Portland and Oregon list for both 2020 and 2021. CrowdStreet was also listed as number nine on Oregon’s 100 fastest growing private companies, by the Portland Business Journal for 2020.
About the Role:
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer at CrowdStreet, you will be a key part of our QA team and in this role you will be providing technical leadership to contribute towards our automation framework. You will write automated tests using the current automation framework and provide guidance to the team on best practices and improvement opportunities. You’ll add front-end and back-end automation tests and write automation tests for cross browser and mobile testing.
Other software engineers and architects on the engineering team are also involved in QA activities, such as creating unit tests and contributing towards functional test automation. The focus on quality and continuous improvement, is a core value of the entire engineering team, not just QA engineers, but it is the Senior QA Engineer who is responsible for ensuring that the team upholds it quality promise, by measuring quality performance and making sure QA tools, processes, and expertise are available to those who need it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Contribute to test automation by writing automated test scripts and/or test libraries including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and API layers.
- Perform extensive functional, integration, regression, and end-to-end system testing independently or with the team to deliver product releases on time and with high quality.
- Design test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation.
- Collaborate with other engineers to build automated tests to enable continuous deployment.
- Go beyond test execution and participate in improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve the product quality.
- Create and execute load tests using JMeter to validate system performance and stability.
- Role model best practices, values and principles through effective coaching, mentoring, guidance and skills building across the engineering team.
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to fine-tune our continuous integration, quality gates, and QA environment. Analyze, reproduce, and report component defects and special situations.
What We Must Have:
- 6+ years of experience as a Quality Automation Engineer in a Software SaaS Company
- 6+ years of experience in building robust, scalable, and reliable test automation solutions for functional, regression testing using tools like Cypress, Selenium.
- 4+ years of experience using SQL
- 4+ years of experience testing APIs
- 2+ years of experience writing mobile automation tests. E.g. Appium
- Experience using Atlassian tools - JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Experience with load(performance) testing, preferably using JMeter
- Experience with AWS (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines
- Experience with Security testing(Static and Dynamic)
- Good understanding of Test Case Management tools - e.g. Test Rail, Zephyr, etc
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.