Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment. (We are currently a 100% remote engineering team due to Covid-19)
CrowdStreet is honored to be named to the 10 Best Tech Startups in Portland and Oregon list for both 2020 and 2021. CrowdStreet was also listed as number nine on Oregon’s 100 fastest growing private companies, by the Portland Business Journal for 2020.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at CrowdStreet, you’ll be a key part of our team, collaborating on a scalable, next-generation platform. You’ll bring your passion for defining, implementing and shipping software that delivers high impact value to our customers. You care about writing clean and performant code and are adept at working on front end or back end tasks. You’ll add features, help identify and resolve performance and scalability problems, and develop functionality that will enable investors to evaluate investment opportunities, complete an online investment transaction workflow, build a real estate portfolio, track investment performance and chart returns.
- Design, implement and deliver production quality code to support new features on our product roadmap.
- Research new technologies and solutions as appropriate.
- Work closely with product management and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and provide accurate estimations.
- Collaborate on our technology roadmap and turn visions into reality.
- Document new and existing code; share and communicate with others on the engineering team.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to mid and earlier career engineers.
What We Must Have
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer building modern web applications in Java using an agile development process
- 7+ years experience with data Modeling and querying w/ SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (such as MongoDB)
- 5+ years experience building a REST API’s
- Experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket or Stash.
- Passion for writing and delivering high quality code
- Able to demonstrate your experience designing and maintaining a continuous Integration delivery pipeline
- Desire to mentor and educate team members
What is Nice to Have
- Amazon Web Services (i.e., ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, RDS PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of security best practices when building web applications
Our Tech Stack
You will be working on a modern front-end stack consisting of ReactJS (w/ Redux). Our backend is comprised of Java, utilizing Lambda microservices where applicable. We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, BitBucket Pipelines) and Amazon Web Services for continuous integration and deployment. We follow standard Agile / Scrum processes with sprints, stories, stand-ups, retrospectives and a fast automated zero-downtime deployment process.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible