CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) investing through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, 2020 Winner of Oregon Technology Awards in the new “Accelerate” category, Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
To facilitate our continued rapid growth, we have identified a need to expand our Investor Relations team by adding an additional Investor Relations Manager, reporting to the Senior Manager of Investor Operations.
About the Role - Investor Relations Manager
A key enabler of our growth will be our ability to engage with and positively impact the investor experience. This position will focus on building investor relationships by prioritizing inquiries and requests and will manage the investor experience for offerings on the CrowdStreet Marketplace during live offering periods. This is an interdisciplinary role that bridges investor relations, marketing, sales, and customer success.
The top priorities of the Investor Relations Manager are to:
- In collaboration with Marketplace Services, manage live offerings on the CrowdStreet Marketplace:
- Oversee fundraising activities on offerings with an eye toward hitting fundraising goals
- Participate in the design of strategies to ensure the success of the fundraise
- Facilitate CrowdStreet investor and sponsor webinars
- Grow CrowdStreet’s Investor Member community by:
- Forging substantive relationships with investors that build upon mutual trust
- Coordinating mass email communications with investors
- Guiding investors through workflows as needed
- Analyze and resolve investor issues as they arise
- Providing exceptional and timely customer service to investors
- Responding to investor inquiries and requests for information
- Partnering with the Accounts Team to work with sponsors to satisfy investor needs
- Writing educational content about investing in commercial real estate and utilizing the CrowdStreet platform
- Potentially representing CrowdStreet at investor events
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Investor relations
- Commercial real estate
- Private equity
- Financial services
- Capital markets
Nice to have
- Public speaking or facilitation with large groups 100+
- Experience with Hubspot
- Large scale campaigns to promote an offering
How to apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.