CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are continuing to expand our Data Engineering Team with the addition of a Data Analyst. Join a rapidly growing Engineering Department to bring new insights and features to our Commercial Real Estate Crowdfunding platform. If you thrive to dive into data, find insights and signals, and report your findings out using rich visualizations, this could be the career for you!
As a Data Analyst at CrowdStreet, you’ll be looking at how we most effectively reach and engage our current and future Investors, what channels and messages work best, and what Investors are after the most. You will dive into all types of data, finding the valuable pieces, and working with data engineers to stitch it together to find actionable items that will improve our Investor experience. You’ll be creating, exploring and maintaining rich, interactive dashboards in Tableau for consumption by Product, Marketing, Services and the Executive Team. This role will expand into additional business units, diving into their diverse data sets, to find ways to add value, optimize, recommend and predict.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4+ Years in data analysis, reporting, and building interactive dashboards using BI tools. Tableau desktop and cloud experience is a big plus.
- Experience with various data types, from relational database data, to event buses and clickstreams.
- Experienced with leveraging reporting and analytics tools to render dynamic reports, illustrating aggregations, statistics, behavior, trends and predictions.
- Bachelor Degree in Math or Statistics.
- Capable of building rich dynamic reports and analyses using modern reporting tools. Tableau experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills, you’ll be working with every segment of the business, standardizing data definitions, collecting requirements, and iterating through improvements with feedback from your consumers.
- Comfortable working in a Data Warehouse stack and proficient in SQL. Snowflake a plus.
- Experienced in forming behaviors, segments, trends and predictions through analysis of clickstream, event and static data sources.
- Familiar with ELT tools (dbt, Stitch) and working with data engineers to build transformations for analytics consumption.
- Experience working with relational Databases and SQL, ideally PostgreSQL and Snowflake.
- Ability to identify value within data sources, estimate effort involved, and coordinate priority of work across engineering teams.
- Experience with Event buses & Activity Streams from various services, such as Hubspot, SalesForce and Google Analytics.
- Financial Services and/or Commercial Real Estate experience desired, but not required.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.