Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, including moving to a permanent hybrid work environment. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Over the years, CrowdStreet has been recognized by top industry publications as a leader in the commercial real estate space. Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, part of the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, the 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year, and was ranked #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
As an Associate Real Estate Analyst reporting directly to the Director of Investments, you will assist the Investments team in leading the efforts to qualify new sponsors for the CrowdStreet Marketplace. You will be a part of a best in class investments team and collaborate in the analysis and review of multifamily, office, industrial, and hospitality offerings located throughout the United States. While the emphasis of the role will be on Sponsor screening, the Associate Real Estate Analyst will also collaborate with other Investments team members with market research and the preparation of investment memorandums.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support the investment team with the collection and review of sponsor and offering related materials
- Perform sponsor screens, including background checks (CLEAR Reports), reference checks, and verifying sponsor track records
- Present comprehensive initial sponsor narratives to the CrowdStreet Investment Committee as a precursor to all proposed deals from new relationships
- Review real estate financial models, analyzing and pulling cash flow and valuation data.
- Assist in the creation of investment memos for presentation to the CrowdStreet Investment Committee
- Communicate with internal team members, external clients, and consultants.
- Review offering details for accuracy prior to launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of these focus areas; real estate, finance, economics or business administration
- 1 year of work experience, preferably in one of these focus areas; Commercial Real Estate, Private Equity, Investor Relations, Capital Markets or financial services
- Proven ability to take on multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks based on current workflow, while being self-directed to actively seek out information and resources to complete assignments effectively and efficiently
- Experience working as part of a diverse team to collaboratively achieve bold project objectives with a willingness to learn and be a great teammate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, organization, and process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel modeling
But Nice to Have:
- Proficiency in reviewing financial models for CRE projects of all types;
- Experience with CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, or other CRE software programs;
- Up to two years of experience working in a related field such as CRE brokerage, private equity, or capital markets
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating: 1) Why you’re passionate about working for CrowdStreet, and 2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications (including the “nice to haves”). The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience. Thank you for your interest in CrowdStreet!
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.