This role is a key addition to the People team and will provide us with both strategic and tactical support to all team members at Bigleaf. Reporting to the VP of People, this role requires a keen eye for processes and details, passion for our culture and helping it scale, and the ability to empathetically connect with and support our team members.
Specific focus will be on the overall people and culture practices, process creation and enhancements along with all touch points in the team member experience. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to own their role, become a member of a growing team and to put their expertise and creativity into action at a growth stage start-up.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building genuine connections throughout the Bigleaf team
- Acting as the first line of support for most People related questions (e.g., benefits, verifications of employment, etc.)
- Evaluating and maximizing the effectiveness and utilization of our People related systems to ensure they assist us in accomplishing our broader goals
- Partnering with our VP of People to help evaluate our compensation practices and ensure we are adhering to our philosophy
- Evaluating and improving workflows that relate to people processes by partnering with relevant stakeholders and driving the projects to completion
- Creating an amazing onboarding experience from acceptance of the offer through Day 90 for new hires
- Assisting with recruiting efforts (coordination in Greenhouse, manage job postings and candidate experience)
- Assisting with development and coordination of Learning & Development program
- Executing on current and future objectives as set in coordination with the VP of People
- Creating and sustaining the Bigleaf culture through events, programs and systems that further Bigleaf’s company values
Qualifications & Attributes:
- 2+ years of experience working within a high functioning people/HR team
- The ability to approach problems with a mindset of curiosity and looking to solve them in unique ways that meet our stage
- Understand and exhilarated by the pace and rate of change within a startup
- Exceptional written and spoken English communication skills to engage effectively with individual contributors, executive leadership and everyone in between
- Demonstrated experience in project and process management
- A stickler for process and accuracy in the work that you put forward
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally towards a shared goal
- High sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once
- Proficiency with people management systems (Gusto, Lattice and PayScale are some systems used)
- Ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- Curiosity and openness to learn
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so if you meet the qualifications for this role please feel free to apply.