Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful relationships between companies and their customers by turning shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable and understandable. You may know us best for our consumer app that allows people to spend with thousands of brands and get rewarded in fractional shares of stock.
We spent the last two years piloting the Bumped app — understanding the impact of stock rewards on consumer behavior, integrating nearly 1,000 brands into the app, and launching the new, ready-to-scale Bumped 1.0. Now, we’re looking for a Director of User Growth to scale Bumped and bring stock rewards to as many people as possible.
This role is the first of its kind in our startup, and requires equal parts strategy and execution. The Director of User Growth will lead end to end planning, strategy, budgeting and goal-setting for user acquisition on mobile and web, launching and managing user acquisition channels at scale. We’re looking for someone who loves scaling new and old channels and crunching data as much as we do.
- Lead strategy and execution for all growth marketing efforts — for both our mobile app and key Enterprise B2B programs
- Own the growth funnel from awareness, through user acquisition, to engagement and retention
- Refine and expand the channel strategy across all mediums: SEO, SEM, display, social, content, affiliates
- Build, track and improve key metric dashboards to measure marketing success including A/B testing
- Seek out, test, and scale new channels - be creative and curious about where our users may be, and how we can connect with them
- Collaborate with our in-house creative team to develop new ads and campaign design that map to strategy and insight
- Provide expertise, guidance, and strategy for scaling key Enterprise solutions (our brand and bank partnerships)
- Empathize with and understand what challenges and motivates consumers, especially when it comes to increasing access to the stock market and managing personal finances
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- 6+ years of experience managing the customer acquisition function at a high-growth brand
- Proven track record of building profitable marketing campaigns with a strong portfolio of innovative examples you can reference across multiple channels including, but not limited to paid search, programmatic display, video, paid social, affiliate, email, content-native, influencers, or podcasts
- Prior experience in handling a large ad spend budget
- Experience analyzing business and marketing metrics and arriving at actionable recommendations
- Experience at a retail, marketplace, ecommerce, or fintech organization a plus
- Desire to build and lead a team and develop exceptionally talented individuals, over time manage in-house and external agencies
- Must have experience solving multi-channel and cross-device attribution
- Must have knowledge of modern marketing technologies
- Experience using analytical and BI tools (such as Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, Tableau, Domo) or other data visualization tools to help make data driven decisions and inform on strategy