Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful relationships between companies and their customers by turning shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable and understandable. You may know us best for our consumer app that allows people to spend with thousands of brands and get rewarded in fractional shares of stock
We’re looking for an Email and Lifecycle Marketing Lead to grow our email marketing, expand consumer use of our app, and help our users turn as much of their spending into investing as possible.
The ideal candidate is familiar with major email platforms, experienced in automating marketing email communication, and passionate about writing thoughtful, engaging copy—without the jargon. They have experience in ecommerce and retail, but understand that driving conversions requires setting the user up for success.
This person will be responsible for building, proofing, managing and analyzing all email programs including monthly campaigns, automated workflows, and transactional messaging. This is a great opportunity for someone excited to drive engagement strategies across user touchpoints beyond email (like web, in-app, push) to create a holistic communications strategy that educates and empowers consumers, while encouraging them to make the most of the app.
- Manage all aspects of Bumped’s consumer-facing lifecycle program, including audience segmentation, design, testing, deployment, and reporting
- Advocate for the user experience—identify ways to empower, engage, and educate users
- Support the Design & Product team by reviewing in-app copy, providing input on how to be clear and approachable
- Work with the broader marketing team to develop new campaigns, identify areas for improvement
- Dig into the data. Take ownership of the Bumped consumer funnel (in partnership with our Director of Growth) to identify ways we can better (and best) engage our users.
- Partner with Compliance teams to ensure all messaging is up to industry standards (we’re working in a regulated industry, so this one is a must)
- Develop documentation for email best practices, processes, and testing
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experience building campaigns and managing email programs in a major ESP
- 3+ years of experience in digital, email marketing, or similar role
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, email marketing best practices
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience with lifecycle marketing in retail, ecommerce, or fintech