Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment.
CrowdStreet is the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, as well as the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
CrowdStreet is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to take a leadership role in defining the direction and product evolution of the company’s marquee commercial real estate investment marketplace.
The Senior Product Manager will use collaborative skills, B2C fintech experience, technical depth and problem-solving abilities to identify, prioritize and define features that enrich the investor experience and efficiently administer the online fundraising process. This role will draw on the Senior Product Manager’s e-commerce, marketplace and online transaction management experience to deliver a comprehensive investment and portfolio management experience based on a product roadmap developed collaboratively with the Chief Technology Officer.
The Senior Product Manager will serve as a collaborative member of the Product Team that includes Engineering, have frequent interactions with CrowdStreet executives and engage with both internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with the Chief Technology Officer to establish a vision for the evolution of the CrowdStreet real estate investing platform, develop a product roadmap and execute against the product plan
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to grow the business and expand strategic partnerships
- Engage with investors to discover customer needs, validate upcoming designs and gain direct customer feedback
- Collaborate with Designers, Engineers and cross-functional team members to test and validate new feature to confirm that requirements are viable, desirable and feasible
- Prioritize features and enhancements and make trade-off decisions based on company vision and business objectives
- Communicate plans, progress, goals and challenges to internal and external stakeholders
- Promote and mentor team members on Product Management best practices and methodologies
- Model a collaborative and constructive culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- 7+ years of product management experience identifying customer needs, prioritizing requests, developing roadmaps, defining requirements and releasing successful software solutions
- Experience being accountable to the P&L of a product line and managing the trade-offs necessary to balance strategic and tactical pressures to both meet short-term financial objectives while guiding long-term strategic growth
- Customer-centric mindset, charisma, and empathy necessary to listen actively to a customer’s product needs, ask clarifying questions and fully understand use cases
- Experience conducting research studies using varying methodologies to assess customer needs, identify strategic differentiators and determine product development priorities
- Excellent collaborative skills working with a cross-functional team to ideate options to solve complex business problems and create designs that delight users
- Ability to multi-task deliverables across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, complete assigned tasks on-time and consistently meet high-quality standards
- Experience and comfort managing a large backlog of product requests, defects and strategic initiatives ideally using Jira or a similar tool
- Hands-on experience in SaaS software development, Agile SDLC and web technologies
- Experience defining requirements for an online B2C fintech solution, ideally for a company focused on e-commerce (e.g. Amazon or eBay), brokerage services (e.g. eTrade or Charles Schwab), consumer banking, investment management (e.g. Personal Capital or Betterment) or payment processing
- BS or MS degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering, preferably with an MBA
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.