Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2020 Technology Association of Oregon (TAO)Accelerate winner, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are looking for a Staff Accountant. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Staff Accountant will leverage their expertise and passion in accounting and finance to help CrowdStreet grow to the next level. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing sales invoices, payroll processing, reconciling bank accounts, preparing bills and invoices for payment, facilitating interdepartmental communication regarding sales and expenses, and various month close procedures. As a key member of the team, you will be supporting the accounting and finance teams in standardizing and streamlining administrative efforts. This role is within a tight-knit team with a lot of shared responsibilities. There is ample room for new experiences and professional development.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Bi-monthly processing of payroll
- Prepare journal entries for accrued expenses and prepaid assets
- Maintain and record fixed assets
- Prepare sales invoices and act as a liaison for customers to settle their account
- Reconcile and track customer renewals
- Deposit cash receipts
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
- Prepare bills and invoices for payment
- Assist with employee related expenses and payroll items
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of financial data
- Audit preparation and supporting documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years' related experience
- Previous experience processing payroll with Rippling, or other payroll platform, preferably for a company with employees in multiple states
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal
- Experience with office tools such as MSOffice and Google Suites
Nice To Have:
- Experience with sales automation tools (i.e. Salesforce and Hubspot)
- Experience at larger national/regional accounting firm
- History of consistently meeting and/or exceeding goals
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and showcases a team player mentality
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers or experience working with an Accounting ERP (including Sage Intacct)
- Able to multitask and prioritize work effectively
- Able to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
At CrowdStreet, we believe inclusion and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. We understand that differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.