CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
We are looking for a Capital Markets Associate (“CMA”) reporting to the VP of Capital Markets who will leverage their expertise and passion in commercial real estate to help CrowdStreet grow to the next level. As the CMA, you will be responsible for prospecting, education and sourcing deals from new and existing customers in your designated territory. As a key member of the team, you will be supporting the regional Managing Director(s) (MD) to grow our customer base.
What you will be doing:
- Generate new business by leveraging your advanced knowledge of private equity real estate and capital markets with the goal of convincing new and existing customers to raise capital via our Marketplace
- Continuous prospecting, communicating, and educating our target customers toward the benefits of online syndication and CrowdStreet in particular.
- Build and refine customer prospecting lists based on our Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- Utilize Salesforce and Hubspot for sales automation and opportunity tracking
- Set meetings with ICPs for yourself and your MD, attend customer meetings, and support your MD by following a proven sales process to win business
- Identify and create new business opportunities that are a fit for our Marketplace given current market conditions
- Orchestrate the collection and processing of Sponsor applications and deal submissions for pre-approval
- Collect and analyze sponsor and deal related information as part of the deal screening process, present that information to MD for further qualification prior to MD’s submission to the investment committee
- Expand relationships with current and prospective customers so that CrowdStreeet becomes their go-to capital source for equity for all future deal flow
- Coordinate with your MDs to effectively manage a book of existing customers and proactively source add-on deals from them
- Partner with the MD to create strategies/execution plans to hit quota goals
- Build long-term programmatic relationships with your customers by understanding Sponsor and Investor trends on our Marketplace and Industry wide
- Align with CrowdStreet’s Investments team to work through Sponsor application and deal approval
- Maintain current knowledge of market conditions and trends that impact investment analysis and valuation that affect the real estate industry
- Cultivate relationships with Capital Markets and Investment Sales professionals to knowledge share and generate partnerships to share deal flow
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Business or related field
- 3+ years of investment sales, acquisition, analyst, or account management experience in the CRE capital markets industry, with a specific focus on CRE analysis and investment
- Excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal
- History of consistently meeting and/or exceeding quota goals
- Ability to work in a cross-functional organization and showcases a team player mentality
Nice To Have:
- A belief in the CrowdStreet Mission: To deliver the best online real estate investing experience making it easier for individual investors to achieve smarter diversification.
- Experience with selling a Marketplace solution
- Experience with sales automation tools (i.e. Salesforce and Hubspot)
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.