CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
To support our company’s rapid growth, CrowdStreet is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the role of Corporate Counsel. The Corporate Counsel role actively supports marketplace activities both for independent Sponsors and CrowdStreet investment offerings. With respect to Sponsors, this role manages the legal review process for the posting of Sponsor offerings to the marketplace including Sponsor education as needed and review of offering and governing documents. The role also supports CrowdStreet’s investment offerings including funds and managed accounts provided through our registered investment adviser.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review Sponsor offering and governance documents, including, but not limited to, private placement memorandums, operating agreements and subscription agreement to ensure conformance with marketplace standards, continuity, and alignment with other Sponsor documents.
- Review Sponsor structures and terms to ensure they meet industry standards.
- Resolve errors or incongruencies with Sponsor documentation.
- Review summaries of terms that appear on the marketplace to ensure consistency with legal documentation.
- Manage legal review process for Sponsor offerings.
- Review documentation for CrowdStreet investment offerings, including newly launched funds.
What you must have:
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law program
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with a reputable law firm
- Experience with private placements especially exempt offerings (e.g., Rule 506(b), Rule 506(c))
- Experience with commercial real estate funds
- Understanding of offering and governance documents, as well as general principles of contract law
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Passion for learning
What is nice to have:
- Undergraduate degree in finance or business administration
- Securities legal experience
- Experience with FinTech enterprises, and in particular Crowdfunding platforms
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.