Join us as we enable the third wave of computing in the data center using FPGAs! Megh was founded in 2017 by Intel veterans who pioneered the adoption of FPGAs in Data Center. We’re based in Hillsboro (just outside of Portland), Oregon, and have development offices in Bangalore, India. We offer a fast-paced, exciting work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Our startup is rapidly maturing: we won the Technology Association of Oregon’s (TAO) 2019 Technology Company of the Year award in their Pre-Revenue category. We have taken the promise of heterogeneous computing with CPU and FPGA platforms from concept to production, delivering a solution that accelerates real-time analytics using FPGA accelerators in the public, private, and edge cloud.
Megh provides a platform for accelerating Real Time Analytics using Spark Streaming and other frameworks. We enable seamless acceleration of applications that process streams with Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms, extracting value from data as it is moving. Our solution supports both in-line processing and offloading of ML/DL libraries with FPGAs.
This position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
As our Linux System Administrator, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining our computing infrastructure and providing business-critical support. You must be a self-motivated, team player who is excited about working on leading edge technologies to solve customer’s problems. You will have the opportunity to drive the success of the company by supporting our organization’s strategic direction and goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Install and configure Linux systems and provide support as needed to maintain up-time
- Fault finding, analysis, and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, and hot fixes on servers
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
Qualifications and experience
The following qualifications are required:
- Previous working experience as a Linux Administrator for 2 to 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar relevant degree
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Expert in shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Strong problem solving and communication skills