As a Customer Success Manager at Opal, you’ll join a smart, gritty, and passionate team of relationship builders, who have a heart for the customer.
This role is for a customer success manager that has experience in managing a large book of business by volume and ARR. We are looking for experience both in marketing and in true SaaS Customer Success, someone that is a true builder and can come with both experience and more importantly, a growth mindset.
As the primary customer contact post-sale, you’ll be responsible for driving the implementation of Opal, ensuring high and sustained platform adoption and renewal.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from enterprise brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Establish customer rapport to develop trustful, authentic, and productive customer relationships and customer advocates.
- Oversee the Opal implementation process for new customers.
- Guide customers through the Opal engagement and implementation model to ensure maximum usage, adoption, value, expansion and retention.
- Be the Opal product expert and demonstrate a deep understanding of the Opal platform and solutions; use enablement materials to help customers leverage the platform’s functionality to its fullest potential.
- Be the voice of the customer internally and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Customer Success, Education, Support, Sales, Product, and Marketing) on key milestones along the customer journey.
- Understand and improve internal processes for troubleshooting customer issues.
- Utilize digital CRMs (e.g. SalesForce) to accurately manage customer information, identify and resolve at-risk early indicators, service gaps, identify optimization and expansion opportunities, and bolster territory management and growth plans.
- Work proactively to eliminate risk of customer churn, escalating issues as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in an enterprise customer success or similar role, preferably in the Marketing, Technology, or SaaS industries.
- Experience in delivering and implementing SaaS solutions.
- Proven results in meeting customer retention and expansion goals.
- Ability to talk about user data as it relates to customer adoption and tie to customers desired outcomes.
- A proactive, intentional approach towards handling strategic customer communication and challenges.
- Solid understanding of the marketing industry tech stack and potential vulnerabilities, competitive tool functionality, purpose and ability to uncover potential threat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting in-person and remotely to a diverse range of stakeholders, including C-Suite.
- Proven ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional project management skills including time management, task organization, and prioritization.
- Demonstrated success working with internal, cross-functional teams.
- A creative and steadfast approach to problem-solving on the fly.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package and stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.