We're making healthy happen faster! Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient, high quality, delightful asynchronous virtual care, improving provider efficiency by as much as 90%, increasing care quality by 2x, and delighting patients and providers with a new experience of care.
Much more than “telehealth,” we build products that bridge the communication gap between patients and providers, automating the remote care delivery process for clinicians at major health systems. This unique approach means that we enable a 10x reduction in cost and provider time, markedly better clinical outcomes, and major improvements in both patient and provider satisfaction.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on a diverse and high-performing team that's making a difference. You'll work with modern technologies, including a multi-platform application architecture, asynchronous network software, clinical ontologies, and mobile platforms. You will specifically work with a team that is responsible for designing, validating, implementing, and iterating on features that aim to better our overall approach to patient care. We’re looking for someone who strives for excellence, has an open mind, and who actively shares ideas with a creative, close-knit team. We endeavor to create a psychologically safe environment where there are no wrong answers, where people think differently, and where there is never just one "right way" to solve a problem. We will value your ideas, recognize your efforts, foster your growth, reward your contributions, and celebrate success together. This position is full-time, located at our HQ in Portland, OR or Remote.
- Actively contribute to development on product teams
- Work closely with clinical content, product management, and design
- Participate in code reviews for other engineers
- Have the opportunity to both mentor and learn from others
- Handle regular maintenance including bug fixing, production infrastructure
- Respond to incidents, working hand in hand with Support and Operations
- Contribute to the processes and architecture of both the team and applications
- Learn about new concepts, languages, frameworks, and connectivity with medical systems
- Grow your skills, have fun, make friends, help the world be healthier!
- 7+ years of production coding experience or the equivalent skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications ability
- Experience developing and/or working with scalable and highly available microservices
- Experience with both monolithic application and microservices architecture
- Experience running, deploying, and maintaining production services in the cloud, particularly with Amazon Web Services
- Has an excellent understanding of metrics, monitoring, and alerting as they relate to the application and the creation of reliable systems
- Interest and ability to mentor team members to reach the next level
- Willingness to take ownership of a project and show your leadership skills, and experience as a team lead
- Knows two or more system languages, with a preference for Python
- Comfortable with the Linux command line
- Experience creating and using CI/CD build pipelines
- Deep understanding of programming idioms and principles
- Advanced understanding of HTTP API architecture, including async and streaming
At Bright.md, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation. Bright.md is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees