The Content Engineer is a detail-oriented, UX-obsessed frontend/fullstack engineer that has the capability and drive to create beautiful and easy to use web applications in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Collaborating closely with Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams, this frontend-focused fullstack engineering role focuses on creating deep experiences around content creation in Opal. Content in Opal represents the way that a team’s work comes to life, whether it be complex documents such as email templates and web mockups, or social media content for platforms like Twitter and Facebook. It’s the “atomic unit” of our highly visual Marketing Calendar and the center around which collaboration, workflow, and communication occurs.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Drive the creation, shipping, and maintenance of capabilities across the Opal Platform.
- Help to implement new product features in frameworks like React and support legacy applications in frameworks like Backbone.
- Work closely with teammates to design and implement server-side APIs in Ruby on Rails using JSON:API and OpenAPI standards.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Collaborate with other members of the Engineering team, in addition to Product and Design teams.
- 2+ years of related software engineering experience, focused on frontend discipline.
- The ability to build clean and maintainable HTML/CSS.
- A working knowledge of server-side web application frameworks such as Ruby/Rails and Elixir/Phoenix.
- Passion for building excellent products, understanding its potential and realized impact, and creating great user experiences.
- Solid understanding and an informed opinion about web application architectures.
- Understand the needs of Opal users to help deliver the most valuable implementation of a capability.
- Ability to efficiently create consensus, reach decisions, and deliver value to users by getting software shipped.
- Comfortable with in-person and digital communications, with the ability to articulate and break down information for an audience of Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and professional environment.
- Motivated by the journey of working at a continually expanding and ambitious start-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well in an open and collaborative environment.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package and stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.