The Senior Software Engineer (Android Mobile) works with a passionate team of Engineers that believe the best products come from a blend of technology and design.
You should be comfortable with React Native and the Android ecosystem, having a demonstrated track record of bringing Android applications to life in the context of a highly collaborative agile software team.
You will support the Opal Product team in defining the future of our mobile strategy. This role will be integral in building robust mobile applications on Android devices that reflect Opal's dedication to product excellence and user experience. Ultimately this role will be responsible for bringing the great experiences we’ve already delivered on our customers on iOS devices to the Android ecosystem.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Build large, maintainable and performant native mobile applications for Android using React Native.
- Develop mobile architectures that can handle large sets of data and can allow for complex user interactions (i.e. data manipulation, filtering, etc.).
- Build libraries and frameworks in React Native (open-source when applicable) and implement intuitive mobile UIs.
- Exercise independent judgement when working on mobile applications, features and tasks. Researching and proposing new technologies and dictated by project requirements.
- Participate in stringent code reviews in accordance with Opal’s policies, acting as a standard bearer from code quality, to documentation, to tooling.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Collaborate with members of the Design, Engineerings and Product teams to ensure the best possible user experience.
- 5+ years of mobile software engineering experience.
- Experience building Android applications using React Native.
- Experience publishing least one application published on the Google Play store.
- Experience working with third-party libraries and APIs with a thorough understanding of mobile performance, latency and security issues.
- Experience working in Agile development teams.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, domain expertise, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Comfortable communicator with the ability to articulate and break down information for an audience of Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well in an open and collaborative environment.
- Comfortable moving between priorities and deadlines across multiple projects. Skilled at prioritizing tasks and managing time with a bias towards action.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree in a related field a plus
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package and stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.