The Senior Software Engineer is a creative self-starter and has the capability to drive the development of new products and initiatives. Collaborating closely with Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams, this role works with others to determine what to build and how to build it. Working at the intersection of Product and Engineering, this is a vital role in helping to scope projects and plan for the future.
Opal is currently operating fully remote as we navigate through COVID-19. We expect to reopen our HQ office in Portland, Oregon when it becomes safe and reasonable to do so.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
- Drive the creation, shipping, and maintenance of capabilities across the Opal Platform.
- Participate in the entire product creative process, including user interviews, design meetings, technical architecture decisions, and resulting implementation.
- Continually collaborate with other members of the Engineering team, in addition to Product and Design teams.
- 5+ years of related software engineering experience
- Passion for building excellent product, understand its potential and realized impact, and creating great user experiences.
- Deep understanding and an informed opinion about web application architecture.
- Understand the needs of Opal users to help deliver the most valuable implementation of a capability.
- Ability to efficiently create consensus, reach decisions, and deliver value to users by getting software shipped.
- Comfortable with in-person and digital communications, with the ability to articulate and break down information for an audience of Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth, and professional environment.
- Motivated by the journey of working at a continually expanding and ambitious start-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working well in an open and collaborative environment.
- Comfortable moving between priorities and deadlines across multiple projects.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package and stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.