The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Security Specialist Role
TRW is looking for a freelance individual to manage our security program to reduce risk in data breaches, system downtime, manage legal compliance and ensure confidence in brand partners as to the integrity of our systems. Much of the hands-on technical work can be done by existing internal TRW resources and 3rd party vendors, but this role must be proficient in security policy and be able to manage resources to meet timelines and ensure compliance requirements are met.
Typical duties include:
- Data Privacy: Manage data classification and PII storage/transit requirements. Develop programs to meet GDPR and CCPA requirements where applicable.
- IT Governance: Develop policies and procedures to enforce security minded behavior by staff and vendors. Assess software.
- IT Risk Management: Develop security program following NIST modal
- Application Security Governance: Scan network, servers, systems and manage regular pen testing. Work with developers and vendors on SDLC, including change management programs.
- Business Continuity Management: Develop disaster mitigation plan and perform routine start to end rehearsals.
- Security Audit Experience: Monitor tools and logs for security vulnerabilities. Manage PCI ASV scans and internal scans.
- Engage in driving compliance against GDPR Regulation specific to the Information Security & Assurance (ISA) practice of Corporate Security
- Conduct risk assessments for key accounts impacted by GDPR and support risk remediation
- Play a critical role in driving the IRM GDPR roadmap and strategy
- Engage in IRM program for the accounts impacted by GDPR: define control framework; identify and evaluate risks; understand business context and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Plan and execute security assessments
- Act as a focal ISA GDPR POC for specific accounts, for various security requirements
- Engage with different stakeholders: external auditors, customer visitor, business leaders and corporate teams, such as Privacy, HR, legal, IT, etc. for GDPR related audits and activities
- Conduct reviews to assess the service delivery control environment and evaluate adherence to client identified contractual requirements, Cognizant policies and standards.
Metrics for Success
- Compliance with legal and security requirements
- On budget management of software
- Update and improve security requirements as the company grows and new needs are established.
Level: Minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience
Job Location: Remote
Position Type: Part time, 20 hours per week freelance
Job Category: Information Technology
Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays, paid time off
- Direct experience with security and data management, GDPR and CCPA
- Very detail oriented, precise and exact
- Courteous and kind communicator
- Able to take direction and supervision
- Great problem solver and self-manager
- Willingness to perform other projects as assigned
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.