The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Human Resources Role
The Human Resources role acts as a steward for our company culture; holding space for Teal and for our company values. The key function of this role is to work with the HR role in the US to implement what we have developed in the US around culture and process. It is perfect for someone who lives to be in service to people and planet and has the self determination to cultivate a truly unique company culture that maintains consistency across two continents. Our goals are to attract and hire the best talent, maximize every employee’s potential, maximize every team’s potential and retain high performing employees. We deeply love and respect our employees, this role needs to embody that value in everything it does.
Typical duties include:
- Scripting and posting job descriptions to a number of hiring sites and interfacing with our tech team to keep job postings up to date on our website.
- Collaborate with UWV to find and hire new employees
- Review applicants, schedule and conduct initial interviews, scheduling on site peer interviews with the current team in accordance with our hiring practices and manage working interviews/projects for applicants.
- Register new employees with payroll platform
- Creating and organizing documents, contracts and employee identification.
- Organize and record vacation and time off requests.
- Work with insurance broker to enroll employees in health and other insurance, organize and record sick leave requests
- Conduct performance evaluations with new employees at the end of their probationary period as well as periodically throughout the year, with primary circle roles.
- Discuss and arrange for employment contracts and rate adjustments
- Help employees with work related issues, with an emphasis on providing the resources to solve their own issues
- Schedule and arrange for employee terminations
- Conduct compensation evaluations per the company’s comp process.
- Manage the risk inventory and evaluation process, and review by a 3rd party
- Schedule and document safety drills
- Act as the dedicated prevention employee, a resource for anyone with ergonomic or personal safety issues related to work
- Work with the HR Circle team to protect the needs of the company and its employees, manage company policies, and act as a resource for employees
- Assist the HR US role to establish an orientation procedure for onboarding new hires and training them to meet the needs of the company
- Work with HR US role to institute a Peer evaluation process
- Work with HR US role to create a company handbook for Europe, as well as creating and instituting new company policies
Rate: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Amsterdam, NL
Position Type: Three days per week
Job Category: HR
Education & Experience
- Experience working in human resources
- Experience working in customer service
- HBO degree preferred
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Extremely service oriented- living in service to employees
- Eagerness to learn, develop new processes, and try new things in service to building our company culture
- Functional hands-on experience in all areas of HR including benefits, compensation, team relations, regulatory and hiring
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to HR in The Netherlands
- Sound judgment and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch
- Positive and proactive demeanor with strong interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Effective coaching, influencing, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt to continually changing business and work environment, manage multiple priorities and drive changes throughout the organization
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.