The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Business Sales Role
Is your core purpose centered around systems change and impact for shifting the linear apparel industry to one that is circular? Does bringing processes and procedures for an efficient and effective business development process get you excited? Then we want you to join our team to help build a company that serves brands on their journey to becoming circular businesses. We are looking for someone who seeks to take the vision for serving apparel brands that our co founders have started and elevate it into a replicable and scalable process.
This role will focus on the sales cycle for brands, progressing brands from interest through the proposal and circular mapping to ultimately closing the deal to bring brands on as TRW partners. The ideal candidate will be sales driven with a strong understanding of internal decision-making processes at brands. They should be collaborative and empathetic while still driving forward a business development cycle to close. Strong expertise in negotiations, communications and being independent representing the organization.
Typical duties include:
- Finalizing and closing partnership agreements with new partners and renewal for existing partners
- Leading meetings with brands
- Collaborating with the Co Founder on business sales strategy and execution
- Managing contract negotiations with new brand partners in partnership with the Partner Account Coordinator role
- Reviewing all contracts and making them consistent for TRW's services and partnerships
Pipeline Management Brand Partner Growth
- Developing strategy, tools and presentations that will drive the business development cycle faster
- Communicating with various stakeholders inside brands during the biz dev cycle to sell The Renewal Workshop and its services as the best partner choice for the brand
- Managing all brands in the business development cycle, leads, circular mapping, onboarding , etc. in a system that tracks the status of every conversation and identifies clear follow up
- Prioritizing which brands to focus on
- Monitoring customer, market and competitor activity and providing feedback to company
- Able to travel 25% of the time to meet with brands in person to ensure the sales cycle is effective. Depending on the restrictions of COVID.
Biz Development Marketing
- Working with the Co Founder and Marketing role to create business development tools for conferences, emails and events
- Positioning TRW in a considered and positive light that best fits potential brand partners’ current business needs
- Supporting research for Annual Leading Circular Report, Circular White Paper series and other content marketing projects
- Helping to source new market opportunities and targeting potential new partners
- Identifying and vetting potential conference speaking and other networking opportunities to support business development efforts
- Managing the economic modeling of our brand partners to help them sell a Renewal partnership inside their company
- Ensuring that TRW has the best understanding of our unit economics for bringing a brand on board
- Forecasting opportunities for new business based on new financial models
Current Partner Growth Support
- Supporting the partner account coordinators, and consumer marketing roles with the scaling of existing brand partners. Sharing tools developed for business development with current partners
- Scaling business growth with additional circular services – Circle Back, Reporting, Workshops, Textile R&D etc
Level: 4-6 year’s experience in business development and sales. There is an expectation the candidate has focused on in-person sales, negotiation, contract development and has managed and moved clients through a sales funnel. This candidate must have experience with apparel brands.
Rate: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Amsterdam, NL
Position Type: Full time
Job Category: Sales
Perks: 5 weeks holidays, commute subsidy according to applicable CLA, pension contributions, 1 month holiday pay in May and 1 month end-of-year bonus in December.
Education & Experience
- Direct experience with formal business development process
- Apparel or textile industry sales experience
- International experience in sales a bonus
- Financial modeling, ability to build the business case for programs
Key Competencies & Technical Skills
- Organized, process flow oriented
- Loves the sales process, closing focused
- Heart centered sales, with the intention of service
- Comfortable with negotiations and difficult conversations
- A good communicator (verbal and written)
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.