Lumen Learning is a young, growing company looking to add to our Marketing Team. We are doing something that has not been done before. We’re using technology, learning design informed by data, and openly licensed content to enable unprecedented learning results and opportunities for all students, regardless of economic background. Ever buy a college textbook? We think that hundreds of dollars is too much and for many people, the cost is an impassable barrier. We eliminate the need for expensive textbooks with a rich online learning experience that costs $25 or less.
Every day our work requires creativity, discipline, drive, teamwork, and immense flexibility. Check out our company values. If you’re a fit and if you want to work on something really important with other amazing people who exemplify those values, get in touch.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible time off, work autonomy, 401k matching, and health benefits. Lumen is proudly based in Portland, Oregon. This position is remote and may require a small amount of travel.
The purpose of the Associate Digital Marketing Manager position is to expand and expedite our capacity to generate sales qualified leads at higher education institutions across North America by developing, implementing, and overseeing marketing campaigns. We are seeking an individual who can take ownership of our marketing automation tools and has experience with enhancing brand awareness, using metrics to inform decisions, and generating and converting sales leads through digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Digital Marketing to develop and implement appropriate digital marketing strategies to meet/exceed lead generation targets and revenue goals.
- Assist Director of Digital Marketing with campaign measurement, reporting, and analysis against relevant KPIs and goals.
- Monitor and communicate campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Own the marketing automation system and leverage/optimize it to achieve goals.
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns; analyze results against KPIs and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve.
- Assist with end to end email marketing strategy and campaign management.
- Assist with ad-hoc written and analytical requests.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals.
- Passion for using a marketing automation system to plan, monitor, and complete marketing campaigns.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better.
- Commitment to continuously analyzing, iterating, and improving performance.
- Self-motivated and can operate easily with little direction.
- Excellent attention to detail/accuracy and time management skills. You are able to work on multiple projects independently while maintaining deliverables, timelines, and results.
- A proven track record solving problems in innovative ways.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant digital marketing or product marketing experience as an individual contributor.
- Familiarity with marketing automation system (Hubspot preferred).
- Ability to operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, CRM Software, Google Apps, and Excel.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently when necessary.
- Results-focused, with demonstrated ability to assess priorities and multi-task.
- Ability to navigate several internal processes, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others in a professional and efficient manner.
- Meet or exceed lead generation targets/goals.
- Plan/execute marketing campaigns within agreed timelines.
- Contribute to organizational revenue goals through marketing campaigns/tactics.
- Experience at a digital marketing agency.
- Experience managing multi-channel digital campaigns and owning a campaign from start to finish (conceptualization, design, execution, analysis).
- Familiarity with A/B testing and CTA optimization.