We're making healthy happen faster! Bright.md helps primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient, high quality, delightful asynchronous virtual care, improving provider efficiency by as much as 90%, increasing care quality by 2x, and delighting patients and providers with a new experience of care.
Much more than “telehealth,” we build products that bridge the communication gap between patients and providers, automating the remote care delivery process for clinicians at major health systems. This unique approach means that we enable a 10x reduction in cost and provider time, markedly better clinical outcomes, and major improvements in both patient and provider satisfaction.
We are seeking a Professional Services Engineer to work in the technical arm of Services at Bright.md. In this role, you will work directly with the technical teams at some of the largest healthcare systems in the country. This role requires you to be a critical thinker, and a technical leader for healthcare IT teams with varying levels of expertise. You’ll need to be able to break down complex, technical processes into easily understood issues that can be effectively triaged, tracked, and implemented. You’ll establish and manage appropriate tools, guidelines, and documentation to identify and resolve problems, as well as prevent mistakes. When mistakes do occur, you’ll help ensure that they don’t get repeated. This position is full-time, located at our HQ in Portland, OR.
The Professional Services Engineer will work closely with top tier delivery systems, supporting high quality, high-value integrations with EMRs, and implementing tools that make patients’ and providers’ lives better. This person will be responsible for understanding and anticipating the technical needs of our customers, ensuring a seamless, successful software implementation, as well as supporting them in getting ongoing value from our software. The Professional Services Lead will be working with multi-platform application architecture, asynchronous network software, advanced medical algorithms, clinical ontologies, and mobile platforms. The candidate should be able to code in scripting languages and understand networking concepts, security, SSO, and REST.
- Contribute to the technical success of our entire portfolio of customers
- Own and implement repeatable technical tools and processes
- Develop a list of technical implementation SKUs
- Identify and address technical inefficiencies within integrations
- Own services engagements requiring simple configuration to coded integrations and plug-ins
- Develop and maintain a robust knowledge base and technical documentation
- Guide our customers seamlessly through the technical implementation process
- Identify, advocate for, and implement improved technical tools to better meet our customers' needs
- Create and manage high quality, scalable processes that support our customers’ technical success
- Manage the implementation and outcome of custom engineering engagements across all customers
- Can act as a player/coach on the technical-side by mentoring more junior engineers
- BA / BS with at least 6-7 years of prior technical experience along with prior management experience.
- Can research, design, and implement process improvements related to all aspects of technical services and maintenance
- Are comfortable configuring and managing technical applications, someone who can tune and configure popular open source solutions, parse application logs, and use a variety of tools to analyze, profile, and troubleshoot issues
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and internal staff, simplifying complex technical issues and conveying them in a way that non-technical staff and clients will understand, and who is able to understand and manage issues, maintain relationships, and escalate problems
- Comfortable with Linux server configuration and Unix tools; in particular, Unix shells (e.g. Bash)
- Can build customer environments with cloud hosting platforms, such as AWS
- Administered databases and understand NoSQL and essential database concepts
- Experience working with VPN/TLS
- Proven experience delivering custom engineering work for customers
- Demonstrated ability in building out and growing a professional services department for enterprise SaaS
- Highly organized, passionate about delighting customers, have exceptional communication skills, and a strong sense of urgency
- Implementation and/or configuration experience with Epic or Cerner EMR systems
- Experience with FHIR
- Setting up SSO integration
- Python experience
At Bright.md, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation. Bright.md is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.