Why Join Opal
Opal's culture is unstoppable. It is a culture of open communication, honesty and results. A culture of empowered individuals working towards clear, common goals.
About the Job
As a Controller at Opal, you play a critical role towards the accuracy and timeliness of our operations and financial performance.
The ideal candidate has experience in a high-growth environment on a tight knit finance/accounting team. They should have a strong knowledge of GAAP, revenue recognition, internal consolidations, accounting processes, and controls. This position works closely with Executive Leadership, Sales, and various other cross-functional departments. They should also be a self-motivated individual with a passion for developing new processes while enhancing existing ones in tandem.
Opal is a collaboration platform purpose-built for the modern marketing teams of the world’s most exceptional brands. Working in Opal helps teams align on strategy, create campaigns with confidence, streamline the review process, improve the facilitation of content and seamlessly integrate with a team’s preferred distribution method. The Opal Platform tears down silos, reduces complexity and connects teams across the enterprise for winning results. To learn why Opal is the marketing collaboration platform chosen by exceptional marketing teams from brands such as Starbucks, Target, Airbnb and Uber, visit workwithopal.com.
Our team is deeply invested in encouraging a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. Opal works together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in Accounting and/or Finance at a SaaS company in addition to 1+ years of management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the ability to prepare relevant technical accounting communications.
- Thorough understanding of internal control procedures and reporting requirements.
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvements.
- Strong analytical skills paired with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce and Netsuite or other large scale ERP is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth and professional environment.
- Comfortable moving between priorities and deadlines across multiple disciplines.
- Skilled at prioritizing tasks, time, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal skills and the desire to mentor and develop the team.
- Experience working with employees at all levels, from interns to Executives, as well as working with outside vendors.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Professional, Intentional, Steadfast, Helpful, Creative, Passionate, and Empathetic.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance required; advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
Benefits of Being an Opal Employee Include:
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Company paid individual Health, Dental, and Vision benefits, including Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Maternity/Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) and Roth retirement plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs