Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient–for everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology and have been recognized by leading industry publications including Globe St. and CRETech. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits and are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, even as our team has moved to 100% remote in the wake of COVID. To help empower our employees to work where they work best, we’re providing everyone with laptops, a monthly stipend to help cover expenses, and the ability to come into the office–under strict safety guidelines–as needed. We’re also hosting weekly digital All Hands to keep everyone connected.
Named by The Oregonian as a 2020 Top Places to Work, CrowdStreet is also a Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer, the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, and the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring a Manager, Marketing Communications to take the lead on executing our core marketing programs which include: content development, social media, design and production, video production, events and general marketing operations and budget
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead our content production efforts in all forms working closely with our content manager, video production, and other teams as needed for thought-leadership and brand building
- Manage marketing production timelines, project management, and operations for the marketing team cross-functionally; build and manage the marketing calendar; guide budget management and planning
- Collaborate with other team leads to drive marketing communications strategy while driving tasks to completion through hands-on task accomplishment
- Lead all design and production work for digital marketing campaigns, web site pages, printed materials, event displays, direct mail pieces, etc. including ownership of vendor sourcing & overseeing production/vendors to produce polished customer-facing pieces
- Plan and execute a content marketing go-to-market strategy that drives leads and strengthens our reputation as CRE Investment thought leaders
- Maximize channels of content distribution across social, partners, and media working with other team members
- Measure the impact of our content and continually refine it
- Strong desire to integrate video content production into all elements of marketing efforts
- Manage a team of 3 consisting of designers, both freelance and internal resources. Manage a range of vendors from printers, to media partners, to event producers and others
- Serve as the company's brand steward, both in execution and evolution; partner with CMO on any brand evolution
What We Must Have
- 3-5+ years in a marketing communications role
- 2+ years in writing and/or editing thought-leadership content
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to lead high function team
- Excellent writing skills
- An incredible eye for design
- Amazing attention to detail
- Solid project management skills
- A successful track record of maintaining a fiscally responsible budget
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Commercial Real Estate Experience
- Financial services or FinTech experience
- Experience with Hubspot and/or Asana
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.