The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are organized around the idea that businesses have multiple responsibilities for generating positive, lasting value. We are here to solve hard problems and to create circular systems that make things better. Our work is to do what is good and right for people and for the planet. We reduce waste and restore value. We create jobs and treat people fairly. We serve customers kindly and work with partners cooperatively. We consciously choose to act with love in what we do and how we do it.
We want you to be a part of changing our economy from linear to circular and regenerative. We proudly provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
The Technical Project Manager Role
If your passion is helping others succeed by keeping projects and processes on track, developing processes that keep teams on track to meet deadlines and achieve milestones so that roles can be free to excel at their strengths, then this is the role for you. This role is instrumental in the planning, scheduling and coordination of our technology team’s projects. Success in this role will require someone who possesses both a high level of technical expertise and the capabilities required for project management, including excellent organization, leadership and communication skills.
Typical duties include:
- Organizing overall milestones and commitments and tracking our progress as a team
- Collect and report on overall technology milestones and timelines
- Manage projects for Netsuite ERP, WMS (RF-SMART) and PaceJet shipping software. Other tech projects/products will also need PM support at times as well.
- Liaising between Brand Partner, Production, Finance, and Technology Circles to ensure communication is clear
- Ensuring projects stay on timelines and budget and reporting where timelines/budgets change.
- Ensuring that there are planning sessions and processes are thorough
- Acquiring resources and implementing TRW testing procedures before release
- Communicating out to each circle priorities and timely information
- Ensuring that the priorities are aligned with the commitments and purpose of the company
- Maintain timelines associated with the technology roadmap
Metrics for success
- All new tech projects are vetted and planned before work begins
- All technology circle milestones are updated on a daily / weekly basis
- All stakeholders in tech projects are aware of and working towards agreed upon deliverables
- All other circles are aware and clear about deliverables and their contributions
- The company meets its tech deadlines to support our company purpose and brand partner deadlines
- Ability to manage competing tensions through a process that is transparent.
Rate: Commensurate upon experience
Job Location: Remote
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Technology
Perks: Insurance and other benefits, paid holidays, paid time off
- Very detail oriented, precise and exact
- Courteous and kind communicator
- Able to manage various communication styles and work styles
- Great problem solver and self-manager
- Willingness to perform other projects as assigned
- Pursues continuous improvement to improve efficiency of job duties and work flow
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multifunctional team oriented work environment
Skills / Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience with technology management, and project management software
- Background in development/ technology, netsuite as a plus
- Currently TRW manages projects in a variety of systems (Asana, Jira, Teams), will be open to a project management tool that works best for the Tech Circle.
- You must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to talk; express or exchange ideas by means of the written word
- Must be able to stand/sit at computer workstations for long periods of time during work hours
About The Renewal Workshop
The Renewal Workshop is the leading provider of circular solutions for apparel and textile brands. We are helping brands reduce their negative environmental impacts and expand their businesses by adopting circular practices. We offer Apparel and Textile Renewal, Sales Channel Management for Renewed Products, Circular Mapping, Data Collection and Textile Recycling R&D.
Our proprietary Renewal System takes discarded apparel and textiles and turns them into Renewed Products, upcycling materials or feedstock for recycling. We track data on everything that flows through the system offering comprehensive insights never before available on products lifetime value and impact. The Renewal Workshop operates a zero waste circular system that recovers value out of what has already been created as a way of serving customers, partners, and planet.
The Renewal Workshop provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Renewal Workshop complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.