CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
We are currently working remotely until we can get back to our main office, headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment.
The position will serve as a key member of the Investments team focused on Marketplace deal flow. This is a client-facing analytical role. The Real Estate Analyst will have the opportunity to learn and grow rapidly within the Investments team. The ideal candidate will embrace the role of serving as a critical “go-to” person at CrowdStreet with Capital Markets and Investments Managers to assist with the review of offerings and drive Marketplace deal flow. The position will report to the Director of Investments.
The top priorities of the Real Estate Analyst are:
- Assist Investments Managers reviewing potential Marketplace offerings and Sponsor related documentation as well as communication with sponsors and clients
- Correspond with Sponsors and Capital Markets as part of the deal review process
- Review and analyze Sponsor-provided financial models as well as produce internal CrowdStreet models
- Analyze and build complex real estate financial models in Microsoft Excel, including cash flow projections, valuation models, and sensitivity analysis with minimal supervision
- Review real estate documents, including operating agreements, private placement memorandums, and standard third-party reports
- Develop professional content describing real estate offerings and deal terms
- Collect and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data
- Ensure offering accuracy
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Real Estate, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years of commercial real estate analytical experience. Acquisitions or asset management experience is a plus
- Full knowledge of analytics and qualitative factors crucial to CRE analysis. Must be able to review models conceptually and participate in the review of partnership documents
- Experience underwriting potential office, retail, industrial, hospitality, and multifamily investments for both income-producing assets and development opportunities
- Ability to be self-directed and actively seek out information and resources to complete assignments effectively and efficiently
- Experience working as part of a team to collaboratively achieve bold project objectives
- Strong ability to express oneself verbally and with written communication
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and process
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven environment
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Not Required, But Nice to Have
- Experience structuring equity waterfalls
- Experience sourcing, structuring, and closing institutional real estate transactions
- Experience with Argus, CoStar, Real Capital Analytics, or other CRE software programs
- Strong understanding of the real estate capital-raising process, including knowledge of Regulation D offerings, such as 506 (b) and 506 (c)
- MBA, MRED, or other advanced degrees
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.