CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment. At this time, we are currently working remotely.
About the Role
To support our company’s rapid growth, we are hiring an Investments Manager reporting to the Director of Investments to increase CrowdStreet marketplace velocity, and streamline the marketplace deal screening process, specializing in multifamily asset class. This employee will be an integral member of the Investments Team and have exposure to nearly every facet of the CrowdStreet Investments process. This is a client-facing, interdisciplinary role that bridges commercial real estate analysis, structured finance, operations, capital markets, business development and project management.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage and track CrowdStreet Marketplace deal flow. Drive viable offerings to approval and decline offerings that do not meet CrowdStreet marketplace criteria. Demonstrate the deal level acumen to know which offerings should be fast-tracked for approval, which offerings exhibit potential but require deeper analysis and which offerings should be declined.
- Review and dissect models, challenge business plan assumptions and formulate the key questions.
- Partner with the Director of Investments and Investments team to screen and present marketplace offerings. Then work with the Capital Markets team to close Marketplace offerings that pass the screening process.
- Collaborate with and mentor Real Estate Analysts in the preparation of Investment Memorandums for deal approval.
- Oversee and manage the sponsor and deal due diligences processes. Work closely with the Director of Investments to evolve, implement and refine sponsor screening and deal screening procedures.
- Collaborate with the CrowdStreet Customer Success Manager and Asset Performance team to ensure high quality sponsor and investor experiences through the life cycle of offerings. This includes addressing any issues that arise post-funding.
- Utilize industry relationships to assist the Capital Markets and Marketing teams in identifying and developing sponsor lead and deal flow.
- Analyze CrowdStreet investments team and Marketplace processes and provide pertinent feedback to the Product team on developing future product enhancements.
What We Must Have
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in real estate private equity, commercial real estate or investment management
- Demonstrated ability to work with employees at all levels across the company as well as external sponsors and investors.
- Prior experience in any of the following roles is desired: Real Estate Analyst, Acquisitions Officer, Investment Manager, Business Development
What is Nice to Have
- Experience with Argus DCF, Costar, PPR, REIS, RCA or any other commercial real estate software also desired
- MBA or other graduate level degree preferred
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.