Senior Engineer, IAM Continuous Authentication at Auth0
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
What's the opportunity?
As we scale Auth0 and handle billions of logins per month, we also have to deal with billions of attacks. Almost 40% of our traffic are bots trying to get access to our customers accounts and our job is to not let that happen.
At the same time we want to provide a great experience to our users and let them know when something suspicious is going on: someone logged in from a device that was not seen before; from a place that would be impossible based on previous activity; from a TOR node; etc.
Finding the right balance between security and user experience is a hard problem to solve. This is the mission of the Continuous Authentication team.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attacks vs legit patterns.
- Become an expert in fighting hackers and botnets.
- Collaborate with developers from other domains like Protocols, Sessions, Login and MFA to provide the best experience while keeping it secure.
- Strive for high availability and performance by continuously tweak the engine
- Learn about the errors and incidents in production while participating in the on-call rotation
- Identify and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- You have 7+ years of software development experience.
- You have exposure to data intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- You have created public APIs and you enjoy the process of doing it.
- Are passionate about working on systems that are highly-reliable, maintainable and scalable.
- You have experience and passion for good engineering practices and testing.
- You have knowledge and experience of data modeling and principles of database systems (relational and non-relational).
- You are a good communicator and enjoy interacting with people.
- You excel when working autonomously, and know when to seek help from your team members.
- Have solid experience with cloud environments (e.g: AWS).
- You always strive to learn and are interested in improving your security knowledge.
- You are located between UTC-03 and UTC-07.
- You have previous experience using Java at scale (nice to have)
- Have 2+ years of experience in the identity and access management (IAM) domain.
- Have some front-end development knowledge and some experience with frameworks such as React
- Know about security engineering, and application security.
- Have experience running PostgresQL in a large-scale production environment.
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.