InVivo Biosystems is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations. We are headquartered in Eugene, OR with a satellite office in Salt Lake City, UT.
If you are a self-starter with a sense of humor who enjoys working for an energetic, dynamic company - this is the job for you.
As a member of a small team, the Payroll/HR Administrator is responsible for the payroll, benefits and HRIS processing for a ≈50 person multi-state company. This includes developing, implementing and monitoring procedures to ensure that all employee data, wages and taxes are accurate and compliant. This is a key role that will act as a 'go to' person for the administration of payroll, benefits and the HR system.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, and indirectly to the Director of HR, this is a part-time (20-25 hours/week) fully benefited position.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for hourly, salary, and temporary employees accurately and on time; including reviewing and importing hours from timekeeping system and administering regulatory requirements (i.e. garnishments, tax levies, support orders and other adjustments).
- Provide reports to local, state, and federal agencies and/or lenders on hours and wages as required.
- Maintain compliance with current applicable state and federal wage, hour and tax laws.
- Respond to all payroll related requests from internal employees or 3rd parties; including employment verifications.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources to improve payroll and HRIS processes.
- Implement and maintain complete, accurate and up to date electronic employee personnel files, records and other documentation for employees. Includes processing new employees, forms for employment, status changes, etc.
- Maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data and reviewing source documents for accuracy and completion of data input.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Work with team members on the development, testing, and implementation of necessary system modifications or roll out of new HRIS modules or solutions.
- Prepare reports from HRIS involving payroll information, demographic data and other employee data.
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes to best leverage our HRIS system.
- May manage permissions, access, personalization, and similar system operations for HRIS users.
- Administer employee benefits programs such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, and 401(k); Includes enrollment elections, qualifying events and terminations with vendors, within the HRIS and for payroll deductions .
- Audit enrollments to ensure accuracy and that dependent information is correct for each employee; Resolve discrepancies with carriers and makes appropriate adjustments in HRIS system.
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintain contact with employee and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintains data relative to premiums, claims and costs.
- Resolve administrative problems with our broker and/or carrier representatives.
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow up on claims.
- Work closely with accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
- Review and respond to unemployment claims with appropriate documentation. Review monthly unemployment statements.
- May assist in onboarding new employees.
- May participate in preparing and implementing employee engagement activities as needed.
- May provide back up to AP/AR as needed.
- Support ad hoc and one-off projects and initiatives as needed and other duties as assigned
- Due to COVID-19 considerations, this role may be performed in a telecommuting capacity. It is preferred that candidates have access to the internet and a dedicated space to perform their job duties remotely.
- May occasionally require weekend and/or early/late hours
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates or bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, human resources or related discipline preferred
- At least 3 years of experience processing multi-state and/or multi-EIN payroll
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation highly desired
- At least 2 years of experience with HRIS and benefits administration
- Adept at learning new systems and troubleshooting issues
- Experience working in a start-up company environment is a plus
- Basic knowledge of employment law and HR practices gained through previous HR related experience and/or applicable coursework
- Asure payroll/hris software experience a plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Familiarity with Google suite
- Ability to manage detailed work, handle multiple tasks and maintain confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with people inside/outside of the company
Perks of Working with Us
In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance with Basic and Supplemental Life/AD&D Insurance
- 401k plan
- Three Weeks Paid Time Off accrued in your first year
- Nine paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules
- Dog friendly work environment in our Eugene, OR office
Our Commitment to You
InVivo Biosystems is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at our company—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.