clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
The Energy Center (EC) Program Director (or Manager) will be responsible for defining and owning the execution of product strategy. This person will work closely with the entire senior leadership team (SLT) to integrate all near and long term technical and product development initiatives into a cohesive product strategy and go-to-market plan for sustainable growth. This position will be responsible for coordinating all relevant parts of the organization including engineering, quality, supply chain, operations, sales, and finance to ensure a seamless production, delivery, installation, and support of our EC product. The position reports directly to the CEO with a focus on transitioning the company from being an organization that develops technology into one that executes on delivering compelling product solutions for well-defined market segments in order to achieve revenue growth and margin objectives for the Company.
Please Note: Position may be filled at Manager level depending on candidate experience.
· Driven to obtain top results for the organization. Focus people on actions that result in meeting business goals.
· Able to quickly integrate complex information for either problem solving or defining new product solutions. Effectively probe for information critical to the decision at hand.
· Develop product strategies that will yield desired business results.
· Ensure that strategies are operationalized with the involvement of the SLT.
· Actively support customer engagement and sales cycles with the Sales team
· Deliver persistent concentration on quality and results with a customer-satisfaction driven approach.
· Strategic and robust planning for opportunities and threats.
· Ensure accountabilities and expectations are clear.
· Develop follow up processes to ensure quality implementation.
· Develop deep knowledge of issues, and perspective key decisions with the executive team.
· Plan and lead execution of product and solution launches.
· Operate detailed program management to avoid mis-steps or mis-alignment with business plans.
· Be responsible for full product line P&L, executing revenue/margin targets, approved by CEO.
· Own migrating product roadmap within approved timelines using approved strategies (e.g. sales channel development, manufacturing plans, EPC support, after sales support).
4.0 Key Behaviors and Traits:
· Inspiring and motivating: Gets the best performance from the team. Taps into people’s needs, interests and goals to motivate them to achieve. Inspires commitment from people to the organization and its goals. Mobilize people toward high performance and goal achievement.
· Influencing: Has the ability to influence people at all levels and in all parts of the organization. Very persuasive; able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization with supporting data to back up claims. Gains support and cooperation from others. Exhibits both diplomacy and toughness during negotiations.
· Build trust: Contribute to a culture that fosters trust. Inspires confidence and loyalty from others. Demonstrates the highest integrity. Is consistently fair and respectful with people, regardless of the situation. Base decisions on ethics and principles, as well as business needs.
· Collaboration: Works to create “win-win” solutions. Resolves conflicts in a constructive manner. Works for the good of the total organization, not just a portion of it. Develops networks and alliances across the organization.
· Encourage open communication: Encourages a dialogue of issues. Listens attentively. Allows and even encourages people to push back when they disagree. Communicates knowledge in a timely and open manner.
· Interpersonal Savvy: Has insight into the motives and needs of others. Displays interpersonal sensitivity. Demonstrates perceptiveness in dealing with others.
5.0 Additional Requirements & Qualifications
· Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
· Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
· Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Intermediate to advanced shop math. Knowledge of English/Metric system measurement.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
· Strong strategic thinker with at least 10 years of proven product management level experience leading the full range of product development activities with a highly technical company and industry.
· Known for the ability to develop strategy and will have a successful track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/ manufacturing environment.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 What ESS Offers
· In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 6 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply