Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous engineering disciplines. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
As the Maintenance and Mechatronics Technician, you will perform work involving the skills of multiple disciplines to keep robotic machines, electro-mechanical equipment, or the structure of the facility in continuing operation to support the needs of Manufacturing. Persons may be required to plan, perform, coordinate facilities repairs, and manufacturing capability expansion in support of company objectives.
3.0 Primary Responsibilities
· Maintain a safe and clean working environment while following all safety and environmental protocols.
· Maintain the machinery to enable maximum uptime and availability for production needs.
· Routinely Perform Lock-out Tag-out procedures per company policies.
· Proficient with common hand, power tools and electronic diagnostic equipment such as: Hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, precision measuring instruments and electronic testing devices, as well as other like equipment.
· Coordinate the installation of new equipment within the facility.
· Perform routine preventive maintenance on production equipment and jigs and fixtures to ensure good operational condition.
· Repair or replace defective equipment. Reassemble and validate equipment performance before returning these to normal production.
· Diagnose electro-mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, electrical schematics, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
· Complete all work requests consistent with Manufacturing expectations while continuously striving to improve our position as a World-Class Manufacturer.
· Obtain parts or equipment from current suppliers, OEM offerings, or in-house stock.
· Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and robotic equipment.
· Set-up, wire, program and diagnose PLCs and components
· Collaborate with other departments as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
· Monitors automated system machine performance checking for trends and potential issues.
· Performs preventative maintenance per schedule.
· Collaborates with external suppliers in support of repairs and upgrades.
· Cross-trains peers to follow optimal process procedures.
· Updates system manuals and maintenance & operating procedures.
· Participation in various plant improvement programs, including but not limited to: Variability Reduction, Preventative Maintenance, Process Improvement, and Health & Safety.
4.0 Skills Requirements and Proficiencies
· 2-year degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of experience in a similar position, preferably with mechatronics, automation and related control software.
· Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate with external contractors/equipment manufacturers
· Ability to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment.
· Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
· May require extended hours, weekend and holiday work in support of manufacturing needs.
5.0 Physical Requirements & Qualifications
· Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted.
· Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
· Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 What ESS Offers
· Benefits: In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 6 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
· Pay dependent on experience: $50-65K Salary
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Electronic or Mechanical Technology: 5 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Are you able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations?
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply