Energy Storage Systems (ESS Inc) is a fast-growing, venture-backed, multi patented, clean technology start-up, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines an environmentally safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. Our advanced flow battery technology combines high performance with low cost, renewable integration designed for commercial, industrial, and utility applications.
Our team boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies. We are a team building a disruptive, cutting edge technology. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, like-minded people to join our team of individuals who have a passion for sustainability, the environment, and who thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. This position involves close interaction with numerous cross-functional disciplines, including engineering and multiple manufacturing environments. Applicant must be comfortable working in a team environment that is fast paced and dynamic. A strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement is required.
2.0 Position Profile:
ESS is looking for a motivated, versatile, and hard-working Master Scheduler to join our team. The Master Scheduler will be engaged in a wide spectrum of activities including supply/demand alignment, capacity planning, work order management, part and assembly assignment, and usage establishing factory priorities as well as department and company performance reporting. This position reports to: Sr Director of Manufacturing
· Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to apply critical thinking to complex priority, manufacturing and supply chain issues resulting in a clear, achievable plan of action.
· Demonstrated ERP knowledge and capabilities, Oracle cloud system experience a big plus
· Strong basic math and analytical skills required/associated with production scheduling.
· Strong negotiating and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of cross functional, multi-cultural groups and sites without damaging relationships.
· Demonstrated experience participating in or managing concurrent projects.
· Self-starter who is independently driven to meet corporate objectives.
· Ability to develop forward-looking methods of reducing product/materials downtime.
· Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrates very high level of accuracy and thoroughness/follow-through.
· Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel
4.0 Primary Responsibilities & Core Duties
· Serves as primary point of contact for and Liaison for sales, logistics and manufacturing departments.
· Collaborate with these departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve customer/client needs based on existing backlog and forecast demands.
· Release and manage all work order activities including priorities and change management maintenance.
· Establish effective labor/factory/facilities capacity planning tools for each operational manufacturing department.
· Help establish/coordinate an effective S&OP (SIOP) process to maintain market visibility/trends in manufacturing.
· Help establish/coordinate an effective Build Plan schedule and reporting process to maintain factory visibility in sales.
· Coordinate with Operations on product/configuration/parts availability activity, ensure proper representation in ERP system based on approved Build Plan.
· Coordinate with engineering on product/configuration change activity, insure proper representation in ERP system.
· Periodically compare current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw and assembled materials. Use simulations and judgement to anticipate demand for and acquire additional supplies as needed through SCM.
· Integrate sales orders and any internal/independent demands (i.e. service, engineering)), with the master schedule; coordinate availability of materials, equipment and staff as needed to meet commitments.
· Maintain the master schedule for the factory including system and major sub-assembly build priority, work order priority, transactions and tracking and materials allocations. Revise as needed and alert all appropriate parties of changes or delays in the schedule.
· Adhere to safety, environmental, Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulatory standards.
· Perform other related activities as required.
5.0 Additional Requirements & Qualifications
· Legally authorized, U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency. – See Note:
· Ability to fluently read and write English, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to follow job required Standards and Safety Protocols, per pre-defined processes.
· Must be able to wear Personal Protection Equipment according to OSHA rules and regulations.
· Must be willing to submit to a Background Check and a Drug Test according to BOLI rules and regulations.
· Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required.
· Experience in complex/large capital equipment manufacturing environment preferred
· Start-up experience very helpful.
· Experience in a manufacturing environment with dynamic daily priorities.
· Experience in new-product introduction and scale to manufacturing.
· Demonstrated ERP knowledge and capabilities, Oracle cloud system experience a big plus.
· Minimum 3 years of applicable planning/scheduling experience.
· Detailed knowledge of new product introduction processes very helpful.
· Experience in both repetitive/automated and manual/discrete manufacturing environments a plus.
· Experience with chemical and chemical processing environments a plus.
· Experience with the properties of common plastics used in manufacturing is helpful.
· Quality system awareness.
· Knowledge of ISO a plus.
· University degree in Business or related field
· APICS certification preferred
· Willingness to travel up to 10%
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Warehouse/ manufacturing environment.
· Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
As an equal opportunity employer, we are open to considering every qualified candidate who is eligible and legally authorized to work in the United States on a full or part-time basis, and who does not require a visa sponsorship or who is of H1B1 status.
6.0 What ESS Offers
· In addition to the value of working with and helping grow a global reaching clean technology, headquartered in the middle of the beautiful Pacific Northwest valley, ESS offers a competitive benefits package: Company assisted Health insurance, Approved PPE Reimbursement, Medical & Dental; FLEX spending account; 6 paid holidays; 401K, a generous PTO accrual; and public transportation assistance.
· Pay Dependent on Experience: Salary: DOE $65 - $70
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65.00 - $70.00 per year
- Scheduling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Wilsonville, OR 97070 (Required)
- APICS certification (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Willing to undergo a Drug Test check in accordance with BOLI rules and regulations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply