CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment. At this time, we are currently working remotely.
We are looking for a passionate data engineer to build upon, improve and maintain our data infrastructure. If you love working with processes around data warehouses, building automated pipelines and integrating with Java applications, REST endpoints and relational databases, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Data Engineer at CrowdStreet, you will improve and maintain our existing AWS and Snowflake-based Data Warehouse infrastructure, which ingresses data from our core application, as well as third-party services like Hubspot and Salesforce. You’ll be responsible for supporting our analytics data needs, maintaining the current infrastructure and workflows, finding ways to tune performance and reduce latency, adding data sets and creating queries to produce new insights into our business data, and finding new ways to produce value and integrate data warehouse insights back into the core application.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ Years Data Warehouse design, implementation and maintenance
- 4+ Years ETL and ELT processing from databases, REST endpoints and more tightly coupled integrations into data warehouses or lakes
- 3+ Years Cloud Service Providers, ideally AWS
- Data Warehouses and Data Lakes - Snowflake a plus
- ELT tools such as Stitch, dbt_
- Working with Java, REST and Python
- Relational Databases and SQL
- Event buses & Activity Streams
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.