Candidates need to be located in the Portland, OR metro area. Unfortunately, we cannot support fully-remote employees or relocation services at this time.
Hi there. We’re Bumped. A tech company on a mission to build meaningful relationships between companies and their customers by turning loyal shoppers into shareholders. Along the way, we make the (traditional, sometimes stodgy) stock market more approachable and understandable.
You can see the details about our culture in the section below, but to summarize: we’re building something great to help turn everyone into an owner. We partner with banks, brands, and businesses that are passionate about relationships with their customers and want to give a compelling, new reward. It's not about us. It's about consumers and the companies they love, loving them back.
As a Senior Product Designer at Bumped, you’ll be integral to the entire product design lifecycle, owning and shepherding feature designs from initial concept through design iteration, asset production, and product release, then using feedback and usage data to evolve the user experience of the product.
This role will work on the Product team, reporting to the Director of UX. As we are a lean, ambitious startup, your problem-solving skills will also contribute to the success of cross-functional teams within the company who interact with our products, including Engineering, Quality, and Support, as well as Sales and Marketing. This is a pivotal role in delivering on the Company Mission, contributing to all aspects of product design including research, testing, and product UI and UX planning.
This is an opportunity to combine your passion for simplifying complex problems into simple, engaging solutions, and getting those solutions into the hands of end users.
- Design simple and intuitive product experiences, even when the use case being designed for is complex
- Be a source of UX best practice and Design Thinking within the organization
- Evaluate and synthesize data from multiple sources within and outside the company
- Manage a library of design patterns with a team of colleagues from front-end engineering, product, and design, ensuring consistency
- Design new (and revisions to existing) experiences from concept to launch, including user flow deliverables to aid in storytelling, and assets for Engineering for implementation
- Identify the needs of users (we call them “Owners”—get it?) and improve on existing features, with a watchful eye on how they fit together as products grow
- Think ahead to help form and inform short- and long-term design roadmap
Experience & Skills
Humility is our #1 job requirement. We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego.
- 5+ years preferred in a product design role at a B2C or B2B software company; some experience in a lead or senior design role—or ability to demonstrate that qualification—is preferred
- Bonus points for experience with Fintech, securities, and/or in a regulated industry
- Excellent communication—verbal, written, and visual; you’ll be expected to clearly articulate your designs, including giving, receiving, and applying feedback
- An ardent champion for the end user (and the customer, knowing how they may differ)
- Self-motivated to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with design tools required to illustrate UX flows, design and iterate UIs, prototype interactions, and deliver assets to other teams
- Ability to prototype user flows, stand up A/B tests, and perform user testing
- Experience analyzing user data to identify insights and make them actionable
- Ability and willingness to contribute to high-level product strategy
- Ability to analyze product requirements into actionable UX flows and product design, while fulfilling the original requirements
- Ideally, you are biased toward product innovation and comfortable in a startup environment with occasional context-switching
Working at Bumped
Here at Bumped, we believe in a culture of leadership. That means that all of our employees...
Own It: Leaders own results—whether things go right or wrong. We hold ourselves and each other accountable, we learn from our mistakes, we don’t point fingers.
Get the Big Picture: Always seek to understand what’s happening beneath the surface—from how we make company decisions to how your team prioritizes projects. Ask questions when you don’t understand directives or decisions. It’s much easier to believe in a mission when you fully understand it, as opposed to doing so simply because it was a directive.
Assess Your Alignment: Make sure everything you do—on an org, team, or project-level—is aligned with our overarching company goals and values. We must move in the same direction, or nothing will get done.
Be Advanced Humans: We value diversity, inclusivity, and humility. We’re working hard to do something big, and we never lose sight of ethics and respect for all.