If you love the idea of bringing Bigleaf’s vision of Cloud-first SD-WAN to thousands of MSP partners then this might be the role for you. Welcome to Bigleaf – we keep businesses connected to the cloud. Check out more info on our homepage: http://www.bigleaf.net. With phenomenal growth over the past 3 years, our recent round of Series B growth funding, and a company whose culture is rooted in bringing peace of mind to our customers, we are looking for the right person to lead our MSP program.
What You’ll Do
Plan & Execute: Over the past 12 months, we’ve focused significant effort in growing our base of MSP partners. We’ve learned quite a bit along the way and see a lot of potential. We have a strong vision around what this channel should mean to us. However, we need your help refining that vision, showing us the things we don’t know, and guiding us through a successful scale-up in this channel. From there, we need to lean on your leadership experience in this channel to convert that vision to an actionable and measurable plan. You’ll be responsible to execute that plan, with the assistance and support of sales, marketing, and executive leadership.
Recruit and Enable: Our plan will be built on aggressive growth of new MSPs partners. You’ll be in the middle of our MSP recruitment and enablement efforts. We need to leverage your experience in past roles to help us build both a partner recruitment strategy and a sales enablement program. You will serve as a primary Point of Contact with our MSP Distribution partner(s), ensuring a successful launch. When industry events return, you will be laser-focused on converting tradeshow and community interest into new MSP partners, and then ensure these new partners grow to 10+ Bigleaf sites in their first 90 days.
Evangelize: We’ve seen firsthand the sense of community that surrounds MSPs. We know we need to be an integral part of that community. You already need to be a respected part of that community today. You must have a strong social media presence, predominately on LinkedIn. In light of the current situation, we are focused on building a strong online community of MSPs. You will be the face of that effort. With the return of industry events, we’ll need you to regularly attend MSP trade shows across the country, serving as our voice in the community. You need to be comfortable in front of large audiences and small groups, articulating our vision and value to MSP leaders across the US. You’ll work side-by-side with our marketing team, refining our messaging and then carrying that out to the MSP community as a whole.
Direct and Collaborate: We see this role as critical to our future success. While you’ll start out as an individual contributor, you’re still expected to be a leader. You need to be comfortable working across multiple departments, bringing the action plan to life. You’ll work with the executive team on strategy and vision. You’ll be part of the sales organization, reporting to the VP of Sales. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our Channel Sales team, recruiting and enabling new MSPs. You’ll share pertinent feedback from MSPs with both product and operations teams. You’ll be expected to keep tabs on outstanding support, billing, and customer success issues too. You’ll be responsible for our MSPs and their success.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years as a sales/community leader for an MSP-specific vendor, with experience as an MSP executive a plus
- Verifiable engagement and relationships in the MSP community, viewed as a respected leader – references will be critical
- History and insight in creating and executing an MSP recruitment and sales enablement program
- Strong social media presence, mostly via LinkedIn
- Experience with event-planning and business development in the MSP channel
- Background in public speaking and presentations, delivering a compelling story to MSPs
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor, initially serving as an overlay to our channel sales team
- Experience with scaling and change management with the flexibility to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Understand the Telecom/Networking industry a plus