CrowdStreet believes that the markets are stronger when they are more accessible, transparent, and efficient. For everyone. We are a team dedicated to transforming the world of commercial real estate (CRE) through technology. Our online Marketplace gives investors direct access to commercial real estate investment opportunities, while simultaneously helping real estate sponsors and developers raise capital online.
Headquartered in downtown Portland, our offices overlook historic Pioneer Square. We offer great employee benefits, are committed to fostering a fantastic culture, and are a dog-friendly office. We are proud of our new, modern, and collaborative office environment.
CrowdStreet is the 2019 Oregon Technology Awards Rising Star, as well as the Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) 2019 Growth Stage Company of the Year.
CrowdStreet is seeking a stellar candidate for our newly created Corporate Controller role reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer. The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including preparation of financial reports, maintenance of a financial system of records, development of a comprehensive set of internal controls, documentation of processes, and coordination of the audits, among other assigned tasks. In addition, given our business, the Corporate Controller will also be responsible for fund reporting and administration activities. The Corporate Controller manages a small team (3-5) of accounting professionals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage all accounting operations including billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, General Ledger, and Revenue Recognition for both corporate entities and various funds
- Manage the close process and prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of any local, state and federal regulatory reporting as required, including taxes and fund reporting
- Research technical accounting issues and prepare the necessary documentation
- Ensure strong and well-documented processes and policies that ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Help with the administration of multiple funds
- Manage external audits for both corporate entities and funds, as required
What we must have:
- 2+ years experience as a Corporate Controller
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, with both accounting firm and industry experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA designation
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
What is nice to have:
- Experience in a public company environment
- Accounting firm experience is preferable with large national/international practice
- Experience in fund accounting
- Experience implementing a new general ledger system
- Experience in financial services and/or FinTech enterprises
How to apply:
Please submit your resume online with a cover letter stating:
1) Why you’re interested in working for CrowdStreet, and
2) A brief summary of how you meet each of our qualifications. The best way to do this is to copy/paste the requirements bullets and put a brief answer after each summarizing your relevant experience.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.