Our Company NemaMetrix Inc. is a fast-paced, biotechnology company whose mission is to enable scientists and researchers around the world to better understand human health by offering a more affordable and accessible platform. We develop solutions for the genetic modification of C. elegans and D. rerio (Zebrafish) to act as human proxies for disease research and drug discovery and help our customers reveal new insights into the true nature of genetic mutations.
Role: Laboratory Technician I
Location: Eugene, OR
Are you excited to build your career within a dynamic growing company where you’ll utilize your biology and lab experience? NemaMetrix is currently searching for a Laboratory Technician I to provide technical support to our operations team.
In this role you will assist in the development of phenotyping tools, products, protocols and services to advance scientific discovery. This is a collaborative, team-based role with the responsibility to perform basic Molecular Biology, C. elegans husbandry and screening tasks for customer projects and assay development initiatives. As you will be joining a growing biotech company, adaptability and ability to work in a dynamic environment are a must.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Utilizing techniques including PCR, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis
- C. elegans picking & microinjections
- Helping maintain healthy C. elegans colonies
- Phenotype screening per defined procedure
- Maintain appropriate documentation of experimental efforts and results
- Aid in the preparation of solutions, buffers or similar, as necessary to complete the above activities
In Addition, the Incumbent will be required to:
- Communicate effectively with teammates
- Collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
- Perform other assignments as directed
- Requires an Associate’s degree (or in process of obtaining a bachelor’s degree) in biology, bioengineering or similar life sciences field
- Some related lab experience or 3 years equivalent combination of life sciences related education and lab experience
- Solid mathematics and calculation skills
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory equipment and protocols, including solution preparation and dilution series.
- Ability to apply the scientific method and similar logical skills to problem solving
- Familiarity with MS Office or Google Docs or similar software
- Ability to work proficiently and efficiently on time-sensitive issues
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Strong work ethic and commitment to completing assigned tasks
Perks of Working with Us In addition to our friendly and collegial staff, NemaMetrix offers a benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life/AD&D insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules
- Employee Events
- Dog friendly work environment
Our Commitment to You NemaMetrix is an equal opportunity employer. NemaMetrix recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and any other protected category as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our content and across all our efforts. Diversity is more than a commitment at NemaMetrix—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of all the fascinating characteristics that make us different.