Energy Storage Systems (ESS) is a fast-growing, clean technology company, located in Wilsonville, OR. ESS has developed an advanced flow battery technology for commercial, industrial, and utility applications. With a team that boasts decades of experience in distributed power generation and energy storage technologies, ESS has developed an extremely cost-effective energy management system that combines a safe, abundant and non-toxic iron electrolyte with our patented flow cell design. This combination of high performance with low cost means that ESS’s technology is ideally suited for applications that range in size from retail energy management to utility-scale renewables integration.
ESS is currently seeking Engineer/Analyst with experience in Renewable, Battery Energy Storage and Distributed Energy technologies for our energy storage business. This role will typically be responsible for supporting proposals, running design and performance software for solar, microgid and energy storage designs, and performing renewable energy related project electrical engineering roles. This role focuses on using energy system modeling tools such as Energy Toolbase and HOMER Pro to support customer business case analyses, writing and contributing to project proposals, liaising between customer and product engineering and general sales support and customer engagement.
Principle Roles and Tasks
ESS is looking for a committed and highly motivated individual who has a passion for energy storage and renewable energy. We are a small, entrepreneurial business that has brought to market a safe, low cost energy storage technology with fast growing demand for our product. We operate as a small, agile team that works with directly with customers to assess and address their energy storage needs as well as helping our partners respond to their energy storage customers. Specific roles and tasks in the position will include but not be limited to:
- Utilize design and performance modeling tools such as Energy Toolbase and HOMER Pro to support proposals, owners engineer roles and Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) project engineering roles.
- Establish and maintain on-going internal and external client relationships within the renewable/alternative energy industry.
- Assist with the development of proposal documents including pricing quotations, developing full requirements proposals (deliverables lists, schedule, budget, and certifications) required to successfully submit the proposal or project.
- Support presentation of proposals to customers including customer follow-up.
- Assist with post proposal submittal bid strategy, answer questions and participate in closing projects.
- Support building ESS’s network of industry partners for the purpose of expanding ESS services and opportunities.
- Provide quality control review for marketing materials, proposals and customer deliverables is followed.
- Be proactive in identifying and communicating opportunities to improve how we operate as a team and as a business.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience with utilizing Energy Toolbase, or HOMER Pro
• Bachelor of Science degree in related field (i.e., electrical engineering)
• Project experience involving solar, alternative energy & microgrid related technologies
• Possess solid communication skills (written, verbal) that include direct experience in proposal writing and customer presentations
• Be versatile team player with can-do attitude that can consistently rise to the occasion in a fast growing and evolving business.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively engage with all aspects of our business internally (e.g., various business teams) and externally (customers, partners, multi-cultural dimension).
• Willingness to travel (10% of time) with some overnight stays required
• High degree of self-motivation